21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:12 pm

It said at Area21 that 2 of the figures are German DAK figures. I don't know about the rest of ya but when I think about Egypt/Afrika and German DAK Troops I also think of the British 8th Army and the "Tommy's".
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Here are some answers for the moment:

1. The 1:18 scale airplane display did receive an average amount of interest. However it was determined that the construction of the display would have to happen elsewhere in order to reduce costs.
The hope is that in the near future a display of similar construction and quality and fuction can be offered at a lower cost than estimated in the initial offering. I personally own 3 of these and they are a space saver in a HUGE way. I think my wife would divorce me if I didn't have them. Every try storing close to 70 airplanes?

2. The news is not yet finished. More is still on the way including pics of the new figures. We just had to take a break as my contact at 21st was out on business for the last 5 days. Look for more news this week!!!!

3. Yes some of the 1:32 scale stuff will be made into 1:18 scale down the road.

4.MiG-15 Gun platform... YES!!!!! It does feature an operational gun rack! Killer- don't you think!?

5. Decals... I don't think 21st likes the idea of decals, they really try hard to avoid the use of them whenever they can. Good idea for the troop building fans but the average joe market surveys show a preference in not having to apply decals.

6. Last I heard the 4 for Victory Stangs are in the production line-up. I think a new run of the P-51's might happen soon. The 4 for Victory planes are first in that line. I know the wait has been long and hard, but trust me when I say that you "aces" are going to own one of the coolest more rare paint schemes ever offered by 21c. These are very special planes. I am still begging like mad for 21st to make one for me!!!! Hang in there, it will be a good thing, and I promise that 21st has not forgotten and they know this is important.

7. I am still without an AVENGER! Do you have any idea what it is like to read all of your posts and see all your photos?!!!!! I am pacific blue with envy!

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm

tko211 wrote:
4.MiG-15 Gun platform... YES!!!!! It does feature an operational gun rack! Killer- don't you think!?
Sweet have any pics of it?

So whats the ETA on the MIG-15 and the Saber?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

jfloresc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Plane Display Stand

Post by jfloresc » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:08 pm

1. The 1:18 scale airplane display did receive an average amount of interest. However it was determined that the construction of the display would have to happen elsewhere in order to reduce costs.
The hope is that in the near future a display of similar construction and quality and fuction can be offered at a lower cost than estimated in the initial offering. I personally own 3 of these and they are a space saver in a HUGE way. I think my wife would divorce me if I didn't have them. Every try storing close to 70 airplanes?
Thanks so much for letting me know the status. :P I too want to keep my wife happy since I am running out of space to display on shelves and ceiling. The picture of the stand looks very neat and I hope you let me know if there is a way I can purchase one---Thanks!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:54 pm

MiG-15 and F-86 are in final production now, I think? I am 99.99 percent sure that these will be out (meaning in our collections) before the holiday season. Hopefully sooner! I am working with 21st to get a better ETA. I am sure a formal article will hit AREA-21 soon.

I personally have see photos of the MiG-15 gun tray and it is pretty sweet! I think this is going to be a nice point of interest on this particular airplane! 21st is keeping this part of the tooling "close to the vest." Only the F-86 gun bays are allowed to be shown at this time. I suspect that as time draws closer we will see an article covering this feature just prior to the MiG-15 release.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:43 am

TKO wrote:
MiG-15 and F-86 are in final production now, I think? I am 99.99 percent sure that these will be out (meaning in our collections) before the holiday season.
I have to throw this out there again, 'want to bet on it?' So far you are 1-0 with the Avenger timing.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:32 pm

I don't think you guys should bet against me... perhaps back in the old days, but now now, not on this stuff :lol:

I can't stress enough that everything shown on AREA-21 these last few months is 06 planned product. 07 is also in production, 21st just isn't talking about it yet! :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:46 pm

tko211 wrote:I can't stress enough that everything shown on AREA-21 these last few months is 06 planned product. 07 is also in production, 21st just isn't talking about it yet! :wink:
Wonderful! I can see it all coming out in the fall around the Christmas season... I'm going to go broke, given the new 32x aircraft and the new US & German Halftracks, plus whatever else shows up. Hopefully they will have the wide distribution that the Avenger had - and get to the Wal Marts in my community :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:11 pm

I gotta say that I think Christmas is worse case. Some of it. these new hanomags and new figs might be fall-ish.

But that F-86 and MiG-15 are both way far in production. At one point there 21st was thinking that the F-86 and MiG-15 might be out by late summer early fall. I gotta do some checking around to confirm it though.

-gotta start to make room! -What a fun time to be a fan!

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:39 pm

TKO

Are we going to see some of the new figures this week? you said somthing about more news this week.

You forgot to ans my last Q to you :cry: LOL. I will ask again, the next time you talk to 21st can you please ask if there are any plans to dev any 1/18 WWII British troop? Normandy and or Egypt/Afrika.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:29 pm

TKO,
Please pass along my compliments to the 21C crew on the Hanomag Stuka Zu Fuss. What an awesome piece to add to the collection!

The 1:32 P-47 painted up in the 56 FG colors also looks wonderful. Do you know if we will see this paint scheme in 1:18? It's the one I've been hoping for :) :) :)

Rogo

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:55 pm

I was hoping to get figure news this week however, instead I was suprised to open my e-mail and see the new Hanomag instead!

I did speak with 21st today and Roy did say that pics of some of the new figures were on the way. perhaps later this week or maybe next week.

Tomorrow we are showing the S1 Corsair scheme on AREA-21! More is on the way and what was going to be 2 months of news has now grown into 3 months so we still have another 3-4 weeks of new stuff to show.

As for the new 1:18 scale figure breakdown
-All I know for certain is 2 Dak soldiers. I have also heard rumors of some americans in the mix as well. So at this time I have no reason to believe that brittish troops are in the mix or not. At the risk of sounding like a broken record... We have to wait and see... Only the wait to see part won't be as longer than a few more weeks at most! How is that for an answer?:lol:

Rogo:

Compliments passed! 21st actually contacted me today to say how pleased they were to see the positive comments from the board on the new Hanomag announcement. I think overall 21st is feeling the love again from it's fans on this and the many other products, which is a good thing! These guys at 21st really love what they do they do. In a creative setting an "artist" always gets his cup filled when people appreciate the hard work.

I know that 21st would like to mix in another P-47 in 1:18... the question is the timing and the scheme. I am certain that a 56 FG scheme is planned somewhere! It makes good sense to me! I would think a Gabby or the Hairless Joe would be the ones to consider... perhaps Zemke's mount?

More news is still coming! we have several weeks left of news that we are already aware of!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:16 pm

Bring on the F-86 and Mig-15, those are going to be awesome!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Very happy overall. Can't wait to see the figure photos.

Shame all those Eastern Front paint schemes and no Russians... ::cough::... ;-)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:06 am

TKO, what are the chances that a 1/18 Miss Marylin P-51 might be produced?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:10 am

I think a Miss Marilyn is pretty likely at some point. It is a prety cool scheme and the 1:32 versions sold well.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 am

Awesome. That is really the only P-51 produced by 21st to date that has caught my eye. I'll be looking for it. :D
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:23 pm

tko211

I came across some interesting information I was asking about extra ordinance for the F-18 and some one told me that some time early next year that napalm and a AGM45 shrike would be made as a accessory package,and could be made to fit the Bbi F-18. If memory serves me correct those are the types of weapons that where used in Vietnam. So what I want to know is when will the F-105G or F-4 be made and by who…..what do you know about this? :D

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Very interesting, the napalm sounds like it might work for "Smokey II" with the right pylons. Where'd you get this info? Is it garage industry?

Regards
Rod

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:52 pm

chunks wrote:Very interesting, the napalm sounds like it might work for "Smokey II" with the right pylons. Where'd you get this info? Is it garage industry?

Regards
Rod
I don’t know my sources will not tell me who makes it. I guess the smokey II could use the Napalm but what about the wild weasel AGM45 shrikes.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:04 pm

chunks wrote:
Very interesting, the napalm sounds like it might work for "Smokey II" with the right pylons. Where'd you get this info? Is it garage industry?

Regards
Rod

I don’t know my sources will not tell me who makes it. I guess the smokey II could use the Napalm but what about the wild weasel AGM45 shrikes.

Hmmm, perhaps BBI "Wild Weasels" they'll be releasing soon, nutch, nutch, wink, wink.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:19 pm

chunks wrote:chunks wrote:

Regards
Rod

Hmmm, perhaps BBI "Wild Weasels" they'll be releasing soon, nutch, nutch, wink, wink.
F-4 or F-105?

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:37 pm

F-4 or F-105 would work just fine, do you think BBI took the hint?