BBI - Blue Box Toys Information Q&A (Mike)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:35 pm

For Mike

Yes no prob. I will send it to you Sunday Jan 8-06, I will send #2 sketch. sorry about that, I think what the prob might be is that the paper that Im useing is sketching paper and it is large paper so it was to be made smaller to send but I will find a way!

Thanks
SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Mike wrote:

"for Sgt Saunders
That's what I like to see.....that determined "can do" attitude.
No need to apologize."
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:56 am

For Mike

Sent! I hope all looks Good and clear? fingers crossed that it worked this time.

Thanks
SGT. Saunders

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:33 am

Mike wrote:

"for Sgt Saunders
Thanks Rick..got them both."

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:08 pm

For Mike

Would you please Let me know what you and the team thinks.
If you want my E-mail just need to ask I will PM it to aferguson.

Thank you.
SGT. Saunders

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:43 pm

Mike - despite some disagreement on the board, I thought the Combat Command A-10 was great piece and, although not "authentic", has excellent play value. I wanted to pick one up, but Target was sold out before I had a chance. Will the A-10 be back at Target in Spring or Summer of this year?? AND, if it isn't scheduled for another wave, will future Combat Command aircraft also be "one-time" items? I don't want to miss out on any future releases. Thanks

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Mike wrote:

"for flayrah
Thanks for the kind comments on the CC Hog...it was never intended as more than a low end toy but it is still ok.
The item is on-going and Target will run it through 2006 so you should see more of them soon."

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:17 pm

What about 1:18 scale Vietnam figures? Will BBi be doing any of these?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:37 am

Mike wrote:

"for spect_spidey
sorry to say you just have to "wait and see" on this one"

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:39 pm

Hi Mike

Getting back to the new 1/18 scale WWII figures to come this year what Im looking forward to is well hopping for British Troops, but for the U.S. Infantry figures is to see more Troops in their field jacket M1941 like "Gordon (214-05)" and backpack like "Jackson (214-03)" and the diff colors in their wool pants well there was only 2 colors the Military Green and the Military Brown. Can't wait!

Thanks
SGT. Saunders

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:42 pm

are there any plans or any word for future WWII vehicles?
i would love to see bbi do some tiger tanks and would really love to see soome german tank commanders that look as good as the mustang corsair and sherman pilots and drivers.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:24 pm

I have a question for you Mike...

Can you give away (aside for wait and see) any news just on if we 'might' see anything appearing at Toy Fair coming up shortly? I'd assume you guys are well into the planning stage.

And a lot of people seem to be wondering about rereleasing new aircraft or new batches of the F-16, Apache, and F/A-18. Any news on that?

Finally, what's up with the Red Devils F-18? :-P Always have to ask!

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:48 pm

I may be ignorant on this, but to my knowledge Toys'R'Us is the only non-online retailer that carries the 1:18 Elite Force line. Are there any plans to make this line more accessible by having it sold at say Walmart, Kmart, Target, or other large retail stores?

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:50 pm

I've been wanting to ask about the possibility of 1:18 Elite Force at Target, also, considering 'Combat Command' is already on the shelves - but I don't think I need to "wait and see" to know the answer... :lol:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Mike wrote:

"for p51,
well I can give you some definite news on the up coming Toy Fair in NYC...I will not be attending it so we are showing no new 1/18 products there.

As for your next question on the Apache, Hornet and Falcon...these will be on-going releases in new formats and liveries for 2006.

for spect_spidey
you are correct at this time and the tragedy is that most retailers "don't get it" when it comes to this product. Making the items more accessible is up to the retail buyers...we offer the product all the time but they do not see the real market potential

for flayrah
see above for the answer to your question"

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Mike,

May I ask why you aren't going to attend? Can bbi not show new 1/18 products without your presence or is bbi not going to have new 1/18 products to offer in 2006? Are the new 1/18 products not in a form that will be ready to be shown? Is it uncertain whether the 1/18 products that you plan to offer in 2006 will actually be released in 2006? I ask the last question because you explained to us that the products shown at the NYC Toy Fair in February are definite releases for that year. In 2005 we were surprised with the likes of the Corsair, Mustang, and Zero and to my recollection they were not present at the NYC Toy Fair in February 2005. Lastly, and hope you can say more than "wait and see", will we see new products in both WWII and Modern for 2006?

By the way, the new weapon sets are great.

Thanks again.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:16 pm

[quote=" Lastly, and hope you can say more than "wait and see", will we see new products in both WWII and Modern for 2006?

By the way, the new weapon sets are great.

Thanks again.[/quote]

Mike, an answer to Birdog's last question would really be help to us all.
Knowing that something/anything new was coming this year from BBi would be a real shot in the arm for us collectors.

Thanks,

Andy

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:39 am

Mike wrote:

"for Birddog and CW4USARMY

Of course we will have new products available in both modern and historical for 2006 in 1/18 scale. As for exactly what they are then you have to wait and see...on the NYC show issue...well it is summer at home and I prefer sunshine to snow so I am staying home for the first time in over 25 years...will that do as an explanation?
And yes, you read my previous comments correctly regarding products that are shown at the February fair."

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:19 am

Thank you for your time and response Mike. Hope you have a pleasant time at home.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:40 am

For Mike

Is there any news on what your team though of my sketch's?
I hope thay where liked.
Have a good vacation at home.

Thanks
SGT. Saunders

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:38 pm

Thanks for the reply and info Mike. Nice to know we will be seeing new stuff this year! :D Thanks for all of the info you have shared with us so far and enjoy your time at home! :wink:

VR,

Andy

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:11 am

Mike ~ I just wanted to drop a line and give you and your company some praise. I made the 30 mile trip to my closest Toys'R'Us today to see what they had and I saw the BBi P-51 Mustang and Corsair for the first time in person. I just gotta say WOW! Those are two totally awesome looking planes. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to accuracy or scale dimensions, but these planes blew me away. They look like they would be easier to display and not take up nearly as much space as the 21st Century planes. And the figures? Amazing! I absolutely love their scuplts and accessories. I would almost consider buying the planes just to have those two figures. So please tell your associates to keep up the fantastic job and I look forward to seeing more product in 1:18 scale from them for years to come. Why the big retailers won't carry even just the figures and smaller vehicles is beyond me. I believe that the items BBi has put out over the last year or two would do tremendous at Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. I look forward to the next release. (prays it is more WWII figures including Germans or Vietnam items)

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:21 pm

Mike ~ Why isn't the BBi website updated with all of the 1:18 Elite force items? Is there a possibility of BBi ever posting images of upcoming releases here on this forum?

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:59 pm

hi mike can you tell us what month might we get some spacific news on the new stuff coming out of bbi.

so we can do a county down toward that date.
whats up doc....

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:42 am

Mike - I don't know if this specific question has been addressed: Is TrU slated to receive more Elite Force WWII infantry in the near future? The first shipments came and went very quickly; the paras are continuing to be stocked, but I haven't seen any infantry since before Christmas. Were these limited production, or should we be seeing more soon? thanks