21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:56 am

TKO, I'm also interested in the re-release of German armor. I found Panthers way back when Toys R us was selling "GERMAN" stuff :shock: but the bi-cast Panzer IV never made it to my AO, I had to get my 3 from Bad Cat. Do you think the Euro Panzer IV or somthing like it will ever be released in the states?
While we're talking armor...uh... mmm...... any news on the King Tiger????

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:00 am

I am in to german armor too. I wish more german armor will come out not like tanks but a SDKFZ 223. :idea:
XD aholic

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:33 am

TKO

just wanted to know if 21st will have that US Radio man that was only a 1st series prototype? would like to see him come out this time, that would be a nice figures to have in the collection.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:41 am

Looking forward to a panther in ambush camo and schurtzen. I'll swear I saw one on the back on a recently re-released tow jeep.

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Yes!

Post by parrish333 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:25 pm

SGT. Saunders wrote:TKO

just wanted to know if 21st will have that US Radio man that was only a 1st series prototype? would like to see him come out this time, that would be a nice figures to have in the collection.

It has always surprised me that we haven't seen more figs like a radio man, medic, stretcher bearer, mechanic, etc. I guess I can see mechanic not being a big seller, but radio man and medic seem like such great obvious choices! When BBI finally did a paratrooper medic I was only surprised it didn't come out sooner.

So am I missing something? Is it just me that wants all of the supporting cast members - would these not be big sellers? To be fair I guess we have had flamethrower dudes, bazooka/panzerschreck guys, jeep drivers, and even a General! It just seems like there are so many wonderful varieties of soldiers that haven't even been touched upon!

I guess my issue is my pinned down troops can't get any bloody air support or medical attention. To the screams of "MEDIC! MEDIC!" they just get a lot of blank stares from twenty rifle-toting grunts. :cry:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:41 am

07 product line up is still a kept secret for the moment, so right now I don't have a great idea of what is in store exactly. I did discover a couple items that sould really get some attention once they are announced. But it is still way to early to do so at this time.

I am still unsure of a few of the 06 figures that we still need to cover so perhaps somehthing like a medic or radio man might be in the mix? I know things have been a little quite the last couple weeks but it is going to pick up again soon. Partly this is my fault as I have been traveling on business last week.

hang tight and I will see what I can do to get more info!

-TKO

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:49 am

I heard that an F-4 phantom is being considered for late 2007, early 2008 release and that the F-100 is a possibility along with the century fighters, is that correct?

Also

Btw way could 21st look into the possibility of selling its members here the aircraft first instead of waiting and looking at WM and other online stores?
We are the most loyal consumers and sure we grip at times but we love the stuff that 21st puts out.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:33 am

"I am still unsure of a few of the 06 figures"

So, which of the remaining 14 (12 counting DAK) figures are you sure of? (nudge nudge) :-D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Yeah, TKO - I might be able to find another Sabre for you if you can spill some of the beans on the new figures... :wink:
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:13 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Yeah, TKO - I might be able to find another Sabre for you if you can spill some of the beans on the new figures... :wink:
LOL :D

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:22 pm

TKO--

although I have been following the forum for quite some time, I had forgotten my log-in info about 3 computers ago and just decided to re-register. I really appreciate the updates and feedback from everyone on the forum.
One question I have: will you be at the Chicago show in October? I will be attending with a couple coworkers (I work at an advertising agency and have my office decorated with a relaxing WWII XD theme, while one coworker has his decorated with a pretty impressive 1/32 collection), and would enjoy the opportunity to finally meet our "inside source" for inspiration!

Regards,

FieroDude
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:18 pm

Actually you'll need 5 ha ha,

Nobody ever talks about the missing PBM Mariner as well, hey 21st there you go a perfect project.

Don't forget the secret Alien underwater base as well...

DH

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 pm

Hey guys sorry for going AWOL. I am back from my trip at 21st land! (much cooler than disney land)

So here are some answers!

For VMF- I cannot confirm nor deny the exsistance or non-exsistance of an F-4 Phantom in 1:18 scale for 07. :lol:

Truthfully. It is on the list of "wouldn't it be cool" but so are many other things. IF 21st is planning it for 07 I have not heard so. I know of 2 new 1:18 scale planes for 07 and I am legally bound not to talk about them today. Sorry, rules are rules. Stay tuned though I can say that 21st is still full of surprises. Of that I am convinced!

as for early sales to members... I would be all for it but I doubt all the 21st customers like Bad Cat for example would like that very much so I doubt we will see that day. Good idea for us fans though! 8)

For Grunt1

New figures... You guys have been SOOO patient on this! I know that. Well the wait is nearly over. Roy told me today that he has finished taking photos of the remaining figs and that they will release them to me in waves of 3 or 4 at a time over the next week or so.

Razor17019... DEAL!!!!! Tell you what I will give you a 24 hr advance preview of each new figure in exchange for one fresh new F-86!!!! Kidding- I doubt 21st would like me to do that. Though perhaps it might be fun just once to do an advance news blip here for us loyal message board fans?

For VMF- Don't encourage Razor! Laughing at his joke at my expence in like feeding bears in wild! :wink:

for Fiero Dude- Nope I will not be at the Oct show in Chicago sorry. Though If I would have been there I would be 100% happy to shake your hand and talk shop on military toys. Rain check though!

for Starman- Flight 19!!!! YES they are going to be out very soon. Rumor has it that production is just about finished. I did see a final paint production sample so we could be just a few weeks out now!

For scvvideoboy- Good point! Gotta get all five if you are a diehard flight 19 fan! As for the secret Alien underwater base playset.... come on now say it with me... wait & see!!!!!!! :lol:

Gotta cruz! see you guys later!

-TKO

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:38 pm

:)

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:36 am

Thanks very much for this info, tko211!
I'm really looking forward to the release date of the 18 new figures. I like the pics of the first 4 figures and I'm looking forward to see pics of the rest of those guys.
Do you have any info if these figures will be released in 06 or 07?

Also I love the images of the 4 new halftrack variants of the U.S. Halftrack and the german Hanomag Halftrack. Do you have any info if and when these vehicles will be produced?
Maybe it would be a clever idea to release them with the 18 new ETO figures. I don't like planes, so I hope we will see some new ground vehicles or variants of the existing ground vehicles. When I read this forum, I get the feeling I'm not the only one who wants some new german armor. I hope 21st knows that. :lol:

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:52 am

:D :D "over the next week or so" :D
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:47 pm

I just posted an udate on the 1:18 fig thread. We have a full week of news on this topic alone all next week. Check it out!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:18 pm

You do realize tko211 that certain members of this forum have considered kidnapping certain members of the 21st Century team and its agents in order to obtain secret info on the 07 line. Understand that we are desperate individuals and have nothing to live for but toys.
Not me though. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:35 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:You do realize tko211 that certain members of this forum have considered kidnapping certain members of the 21st Century team and its agents in order to obtain secret info on the 07 line. Understand that we are desperate individuals and have nothing to live for but toys.
Not me though. :wink:

Mark

I already got some one drunk at 21st and they spilled the beans to me…..Hum 21ist is considering an F-100

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:43 pm

Good work VMF115.

I'll send over some pizza and dancers and we should have the whole lineup
tomarrow! :D

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 pm

Yay! Another paratrooper. Like a complete idiot, I didn't get the S-1 US and German Paras when they were out years ago. Now I can look to get some of them for the first time.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 pm

Yeah, I know Kamikaze... But I am not too worried, My good friend and neighbor works for homeland security so I have all you guys on a watch list as potential Military Toy Fanatics! Funny thing is, he said yeah I will put them all on the list right behind you!!!!

I guess he realized I was crazy when he saw my 1:18 collection! :lol:

07 is looking soooo sweet though!

For VMF- I asked 21st the Hun question 2 weeks ago... I got a shrug... the kind that says "maybe" but not very likely. I know of 2 solid 2007 models and the Hun ain't one of them!

Ski- I can't believe you missed out on the first wave of Paras. We might have to do something about that :wink:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:44 pm

tko211 wrote:
For VMF- I asked 21st the Hun question 2 weeks ago... I got a shrug... the kind that says "maybe" but not very likely. I know of 2 solid 2007 models and the Hun ain't one of them!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say it ant so.............. :(

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:01 am

@tko211: My questions about the new figures have been answered by you in your latest news updates. Thanks very much for that! But is there anything you can say about my halftrack question?
MandaloreSC wrote:
Also I love the images of the 4 new halftrack variants of the U.S. Halftrack and the german Hanomag Halftrack. Do you have any info if and when these vehicles will be produced?
Maybe it would be a clever idea to release them with the 18 new ETO figures. I don't like planes, so I hope we will see some new ground vehicles or variants of the existing ground vehicles. When I read this forum, I get the feeling I'm not the only one who wants some new german armor. I hope 21st knows that. :lol: