New Members Introduce Yourselves!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue May 08, 2007 5:53 am

Welcome. :)

tankgirl33
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tankgirl33 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Hello, although I've just registered I've been reading this forum for quite a while. When I finally decided to join I couldn't, there was some sort of error whenever I did try. But here I am, I love 1/18 and 1/32 scale, I'm a military buff, I love anything to do with WWII, I love the weapons, the armor, the planes, everything. I love the planes the most, although I have trouble remembering which plane is which. My hubby tries to help me but I'm a slow learner. :( Hopefully I can educate myself by conversing on this forum. I also love how clean this forum is, aferg runs a tight ship but it's comforting to know I won't be bashed for anything I say, as long as I don't bash. :D And I'm not a basher. Thanks!!
Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend NEAR 400 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!!!

digger

hello

Post by digger » Tue May 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Welcome Tankgirl. Glad you were able to join us. :D

On an unrelated note, Reedley, could you please scale down your avatar? Thanks!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue May 08, 2007 8:13 pm

To all our recent new members: welcome aboard! From my own experience, I can honestly say you won't find a better crew on the net. I don't think I have ever seen a tighter and stronger on-line community!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:52 pm

Welcome new members!
Nice to have you on the board.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or post a reply to something.
Have fun and play nice!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tankgirl33
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tankgirl33 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:36 am

The fact that you are all so close is what appealed to me to finally join. I don't know if any of you have been to imdb.com, but they also have forums for movies. I love movies, so I read those too, but I will never post there because they are so vicious and hateful. I don't go on forums to be called stupid or ignorant just because I like or don't like something. So I'll just stick with you guys. :D
Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend NEAR 400 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!!!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Wed May 09, 2007 4:23 am

Welcome to the Forum!

It's nice and peacefull here, (Unless I dare say that I dont like the A-10 :roll: , but dont worry, the issue is only with the A-10, and no one will call you stupid or anything :wink: )
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Welcome and yes we are close. :)
Moth wrote:Welcome to the Forum!

It's nice and peacefull here, (Unless I dare say that I dont like the A-10 :roll: , but dont worry, the issue is only with the A-10, and no one will call you stupid or anything :wink: )
that is true but dont knock the F-15,F-15 and all other tanks and armor LOL :lol: and my fav the Mig-29 and the SU-27 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Newby

Post by Studly » Sat May 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi Guys iam new here have been visiting this site for a while now and love it as you can see i live in Oz and picked up a couple of 21st Century 1/18 scale Aircraft and love them,But as you can immagine they are a bit scarse out here and when you do get them they are quiet expensive. I have also seen that there is a Dauntless and a Hellcat on the way in 1/18 Great site keep it up :D

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sat May 19, 2007 9:28 pm

I should have introduced myself a bit sooner. I'm live and work in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada but I've only lived here for a year. Before that, I lived in the London, Ontario area and I'm much more accustomed to the quieter country life. I'm all for multi-culturalism and big city life, though, and I've adjusted rather well. I live with my fiancee and plan on getting married in July 2008. We've only just moved into a much bigger apartment down the street from our old one and are currently in the middle of setting it up. We have a dining room table & chairs for the first time... not to mention an actual dining room! :)

I've been collecting 1:32 and 1:72 diecast tanks, diecast planes and pro-built models for the past few months but I've been interested in WW2 war machines since I was a kid.

cs51762
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cs51762 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:34 am

Hi, folks. I found this forum while doing an Internet search for Bf-109 model info. I had no idea that good quality pre-built and pre-painted models existed until I saw it here. Yeah, building them yourself gives better results and a certain amount of satisfaction, but anymore, I just don't have the time.

My interest is in WWII aircraft and so far I've collected 7 1/32 scale and 14 1/144 scale 21st Century planes. I'm a PC Technician for a large manufacturing firm and an Instrument rated Private Pilot. In my spare time, I like to play guitar, study the German languange, and listen to classical music while I clean my assault rifle.

Thanks!
Mike

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

My introduction to the forum

Post by General Blasto » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:32 am

A little about myself ...
I found this forum thru a link from a new friend in this hobby and decieded to check it out. Great forum for military modeling, I love it 8) I started military modeling about 6-7 months ago after doing a couple custom figures to use in a video clip. Then I started getting more troops, then tanks and so on. I used to be in the G scale or garden railway hobby for the past 10 years until the place that I live at made me take down my layout out in the backyard :( So instead of going insane, I picked up the 1:18th scale military modeling to keep my mind going and keep my kitbashing/scratch building skills sharp. As of lately, I've been starting to do custom vehicles and tanks. I will post some pictures in the appropriate thread to this :wink: I model the WWII Euro theather and the ranks of men and tanks continues to grow. I think I counted like about 40 or 50 tanks that I've accumulated now :shock: But some of these will be hitting the chopping block to become models that are not made yet. I've seen some of the work that some have done here and I am impressed. I hope my skills add up to the quality being made here. Well, that's about it. Just another wild and crazy collector, craftsman and modeling buff. I hope I fit in with the group. So now I'm off to post a sample of my work in the custom thread. Thanks for having me :D General Blasto

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Hey BLASTO and cs51762!!! Welcome---glad to have ya!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:41 pm

Welcome BLASTO and cs51762 hope you find this place helpful. 8)

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 pm

Ah, another Central Floridian. :twisted: Welcome to the jungle Blasto!Image
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:42 pm

cs51762 wrote:In my spare time, I like to play guitar, study the German languange, and listen to classical music while I clean my assault rifle.
I almost shot soda out my nose when I read that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Rowsdower wrote:
cs51762 wrote:In my spare time, I like to play guitar, study the German languange, and listen to classical music while I clean my assault rifle.
I almost shot soda out my nose when I read that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome!
LOL

Raise the shields, the Floridians are chargeing there phasers. :lol:

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Welcome you two! And since I never introduced myself here last may I might as well right now. My name is Col.Pickle ("hi Col.Pickle", everyone choruses) and I'm addicted to 1.32 stuff(with a bit of 1/18 on the side) :D XD anonymous.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

pavehawk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pavehawk checking in

Post by pavehawk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:06 pm

So after lurking here for quite a while, I have at last been able to activate my account and join.

Real quick, my name is Phil, I'm a computer programmer in my mid 30s, I live in southern CT, and my main area of interest is modern era 1/18 stuff.

I'm actually pretty new to this hobby, I got into it because my father in law got me a 21st Chinese MiG-17 for my birthday last year, and I was so impressed by the detail that I decided I had to get more of these things. My collection really started when I put together a nice Little Bird / Night Stalkers / Delta Force team, and things have just kind of grown from there.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Hey Pavehawk. I'm a NightStalker at Ft. Campbell. Been lurking here for months trying to get in with zero luck... today was my lucky day.

I'm a big model collector/builder and costumer (501st). I'm a Chinook guy with the 160th Special Ops.

I can't wait to share my collection and talk shop with you guys.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Welcome aboard everyone. :)

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Good to have you guys aboard!
Welcome :D
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Whew, since September, I've been following every single post, and now, I can finally join in the fun? Ha, I think it was worth the wait.

I'm Stephen, I'm from Houston, Texas. I work in seafood at HEB and I love my 1:32, as well as a few 1:18. I 24-26 1:32 aircraft and about 8 1:32 armor pieces, and the CAF Tiger Meet F-104, The Huff F-86 and the Russian Mig-15bis. I have a small collection of 1:18 figures and I have already done a single head swap with only 7 figures. :D

I have a love for aircraft and history in general.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 pm

welcome to the group!!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:40 pm

Thanks STUKA, all I can say is there's no place like this and I don't think I'll ever feel at home anywhere else...
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M