Changing a password

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Changing a password

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 am

How do I change a password? It used to be easy but I am lost now.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

caesarbc3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Changing a password

Post by caesarbc3 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:15 am

TTT,
I would be very weary about changing anything on the site....e-mails, passwords, etc.....

My username used to be caesarbc and I was a member since 06. I did alot of trades, purchases, etc... I attempted to switch my e-mail address, was locked out forever and then became caesarbc2. I had to create a new password for the new account and after my 2nd or 3rd login, I was permenantly locked out again for some reason. Now I am caesarbc3. All my past history is now lost all because I wanted to change my e-mail address. The only one who can help you with this is P-51 and he does not check the site very often and ignores e-mails to his e-mail address about the issue.

I know I am not alone in this. I would not be surprised if some of the board memebrs who have been "missing" have actually been locked out permenantly.

Like I said, make any changes at your own risk and risk losing your identity and all history and b/s/t privledges for 6 mos.

Good Luck!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:46 pm

I did a virus scan and changed my routine scan to eliminate any cookies, including, evidentally my password here. The system gave me a new password but I would like to change it to my old password. I cannot find any instructions on changing my password.

Any ideas?

TTT

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 am

It's pretty easy, you just have to find it. GO up to 'User Control Panel' up top on the bright green bar, then click on 'Profile' on the left side, then click on 'Edit account settings' on the left side. Should give you the option to change your password, which unlike the previous phpBB software that was full of bugs, this time it actually works.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you, it worked like a charm.

TTT