Google Adverts

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Google Adverts

Post by exether_mega » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:36 am

Hi guys,

don't now about you but I don't feel realy confortable with Google adverts we have above Off Topic forum. Scientology here in Europe is considered as a dangerous sect. And I don't think this kind of advert have a place here or anywhere else.

Just my 2cent opinion.

phil

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Google Adverts

Post by p51 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 am

They've always been up top for the last couple of years :-P. Just this time around I decided to experiment and see what ads would show up letting it use images and flash.

ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ltcbj » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 am

The site itself has no real control over what Google chooses to place. Generally they are supposedly of interest to people who access the site but that is often very tangential, at best, and occasionally the reasoning is indecipherable.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Well, that's almost true! I can restrict certain sites from appearing on the google ads, but I have to see them appear first and get the url of the ad before I can remove them!

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:27 am

What you say IS true.
But.
My site has >160 pages. Google ads on every one. Since it is a Dinosaur (toys) related site I would expect Dinosaur toy related ads but I found a lot of ads for the NHL(?) Raptors and some (I think it is Ford) truck or car. I did eliminate those particular URLs. But for me to go through all 160+ pages, view each ad (which constantly change, even as you view them) on each page.... It is just way too much and a lot will slip through the cracks because the cracks are too darn big and there are too darn many. There are also a number of different URLs for each "product" which compounds the problem even more.
I consider it just part of the cost of doing business under the you can't fight city hall banner.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 am

ltcbj wrote:There are also a number of different URLs for each "product" which compounds the problem even more.
As long as they are from the same domain, you can do a domain 'blanket' removal where it removes anything from that domain regardless of the link. Granted, the domain can be different I suppose. But then you can start to use the various other tools for removing categories of ads to appear.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 am

.Can you re-phrase? I do not understand.