new forum suggestion

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

new forum suggestion

Post by Cabe » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:08 am

I know we have the mods section on here, but since that is primarily a place to show off your mods, how about a tip and trick for modding section? One where we all share our airbrushing, marking, re-painting or even scratch building tricks. Such as how to build and add an MG for your 21stC Hetzer? That way all the techniques won't get lost in a post about a specific mod.
I know we could goto model building sites for all this info, but there are some specific things about building that really only pertain to die cast models, such the example I gave above, the hetzer did not ship with its mg shield and gun for the top of the tank, it has the hole for it but not the piece. So if I wanted to build one and give everyone the steps I used they could look it up and learn how to build it or be inspired on how to improve/fix other products they have bought.
How to make a camo net for you tank
how to create sand bags
how to create barbed wire
how to make realistic bullet holes
how to modify an existing figure
how to create working hatches
how to weather an airplane

and so on
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:33 pm

I'll second this idea. I realize that there is already a thread started and stickied there for ideas such as these, but that's not really as easy as a forum full of thread where you can read the title of each thread to see if it's what you're interested in. As it is now you can read through several pages to see if anyone is/has discussing/ed anything you might need to know, but it's not terribly convenient.

If you create it they will post...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, as Ruger noted, we have had the Tricks, Tips, Hints, Cheats, Tools, Whatever!!!! sticky thread in the Customs & Mods forum. It hardly ever gets used... However, I can answer three of Cabe's questions, How to make a camo net for you tank how to create sand bags how to create barbed wire, with a simple answer: www.build-a-rama.com :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah, the tips and tricks thread is there, but it's not really a great resource, at least, not as good as I think an actual forum could be. I have tips and tricks I wouldn't mind adding, but the single thread makes it difficult to use as a reference in the future. It seems like that forum, "Customs and Mods" has pretty much been taken over with descriptions of individual's projects, and pics thereof. While I'm fine with that, and checkout the postings quite often, I think Cabe's idea has merit, and would liketo contribute to it. I'm sure that the cost (if any) would be minimal, if if no one used it, it could get deleted again in the future. Shouldn't hurt to try...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]