Military channel

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Military channel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm

They are rebuilding a couple of Panthers.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:14 am

That is a great episode. I had it on DVR for a rainyt occassion and just happened to watch it Saturday. I like the Tank Overhaul show a lot. The episode with the M-18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer was great as well. The tank was called Jawbreaker.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

I didnt even know I had that channel!! I was getting tired of the same old stuff on history and discovery and was just plugging along with the remote when I ran into this show. today there was one on the ten most influential rifles and my FN/FAL was there!!

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:23 pm

I like the tank school and the top ten armor troop carriers. The hanomag ranked #5 :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:49 am

The Military Channel is just non stop good stuff to watch.

Last week they had a big ambush of our guys in Iraq. Just awesome, with interviews of the GI's that were involved AND the actual vehicles, shot up but the actual guys and the actual vehicles......how cool is that :wink:

Now, I'm watching a show called "Hell in the Pacific", two hours of great TV, just finished the first hour, non stop Japanese murders, rapes and ill treatment of Allied POW's and civilians, it's just getting to the "pay back" hour with our Marines.........just AWESOME TV.. :?

As I have said before Tank Overhal just gets boring while those guys try to complete one thing on a 10 year restoration.

Best shows were the Panther and the Hellcat. Both of those because they involved "big buck" collectors with massive collections of restored vehicles.

Anybody (except toy guys 8) ) can collect unrestored junk, but it takes big bucks to restore any big vehicle, tanks are the most expensive. I have bought two or three unrestored junk trucks for peanuts, just to save them. All evidentially found homes with guys willing to restore them...

In my hundred years of 1/1 MV collecting, I have met and spoke at length, to three of these "big buck" guys and all were multi-millionaires, one close to a billionaire..........but really nice guys to talk to. You can't talk to them about money (loans), just MV's. :shock:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:51 pm

I had a Navy buddy that owned a ferret and when he put it up for sale, the news people drove by and did a story on it. They called him a Navy tanker!!