WWII US Army Infantry Officer Monographs

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

WWII US Army Infantry Officer Monographs

Post by ostketten » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:40 pm

Found a great website that has a treasure trove of downloadable (Adobe PDF) files of WWII US Army Infantry Officer "Personal Experience" Monographs and student papers of some combat operations, actions, and campaigns about some of the fiercest fighting that took place in the Ardennes, Normandy, Rhineland, the Philippine Islands, etc. These are sort of like After Action Reports, and are not "light reading" by any stretch, they are primarily of interest to the serious military history buff and student of small unit strategy and tactics, but for those that are interested in that kind of thing it's a great resource. They also have some stuff from the Korean and Vietnam wars as well.

https://www.infantry.army.mil/monograph ... /index.htm
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:25 pm

good find - Ill be reading this for days now!!!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Excellent! I've bookmarked the site and may just be able to use some of the material as I start work on my Masters thesis...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 am

I'm glad you guys found it useful. I downloaded them all and burned them onto a CD-ROM so I can read them at my leisure without having to use the website.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"