Gruesome Photo...

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Gruesome Photo...

Post by ostketten » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:05 pm

You want realism?? Well here ya go, the caption of the pic is "German soldier, with arm shot off! Not for the squeamish.." That's the guys severed arm in the foreground...I guess it's safe to say the war was over for him...assuming he survived the trip to the Feldlazarett (field hospital)... http://www.ww2incolor.com/gallery/germans/and
Lots of other good photos here... http://www.ww2incolor.com/
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:19 pm

I've had this photo on my PC slide show for a couple years. It's kinda nasty though, but everyone that sees it can't stop looking at it. :lol:
Kevin.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:24 pm

There's a good chance he survived. Looks like he's getting a lotta attention and that matters a whole bunch.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm

I don’t care what side he fought on and I know the nazis where bad, but I just feel sorry for him.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:15 pm

Poor guy, I cant imagine how that would feel losing a part of your body, not to mention the pain.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:54 pm

There's a good chance he survived. Looks like he's getting a lotta attention and that matters a whole bunch.
In situations like this it is not only the loss of blood that would prove fatal. With the traumatic amputation of his arm the guy could go in to shock and die quickly if they don't get him to an aid station very soon, where more advanced care can be administered. I suppose we'll never know if he made it or not.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:32 am

ostketten wrote:
In situations like this it is not only the loss of blood that would prove fatal. With the traumatic amputation of his arm the guy could go in to shock and die quickly if they don't get him to an aid station very soon, where more advanced care can be administered. I suppose we'll never know if he made it or not.
To compound the problem even more Germany did not have antibiotics in WWII.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:53 am

VMF115 wrote:
ostketten wrote: In situations like this it is not only the loss of blood that would prove fatal. With the traumatic amputation of his arm the guy could go in to shock and die quickly if they don't get him to an aid station very soon, where more advanced care can be administered. I suppose we'll never know if he made it or not.
To compound the problem even more Germany did not have antibiotics in WWII.
Who needs antibiotics when you have metamphetamines....

And oh, and big mean tanks. You gotta know where your priority are, I guess.