New Time Life WWII DVD.

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New Time Life WWII DVD.

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:10 am

Has anyone checked out the new timelife classic WWII DVD. It has new footage and lots of great video feed from what I have seen from the commercial on the Military Channel. It is just 7 hours worth of video for only $29.95. I'm thinking of getting it and I am just checking to see the feedback if anyone has seen it.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:48 pm

It has new footage
As someone who collects this kind of stuff and has a HUGE library (on the order of 500 titles) of WWII related DVD's I can tell you without hesitation that there is very little in the way of actual "new" footage that has not already been released somewhere by somebody at some time or other, the one notable exception to this is stuff coming out of the former Soviet Union, but it's mostly in Russian only and without English subtitles. The "new" and "previously unreleased" footage claim is a common one, and I am not trying to discourage you from acquiring the set, just want you to be aware that this is a common marketing tactic in the industry, and I have seen it repeated many, many times. At any rate, it sounds good and I'm sure you will enjoy it, I will have to look in to it myself, I need another title in my collection :lol: :lol: All the best,

Scott
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:22 pm

7 hours worth of video for only $29.95.
Just a quick update.... I checked out the Timelife site....don't waste your money, this is simply a re-packaged version of volumes IV and V that you can get for about half the price thru Amazon and elsewhere. It's really nothing new either... released in 1993 on VHS tape, then "re-released" on DVD in 2003.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:47 pm

I'm currently working the The Color of War myself. I haven't caught many episodes on TV, but once I saw one, I had to get the set. I got it for $30 on E-Bay. Not bad for a 7 DVD set....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:48 am

I'm currently working the The Color of War myself. I haven't caught many episodes on TV, but once I saw one, I had to get the set. I got it for $30 on E-Bay. Not bad for a 7 DVD set....
Ski, The Color of War is a great series, I have it in my collection somewhere :roll: It's a great buy at $30 too.. nice find. The series he's looking at is called "Century Of Warfare" and volumes IV and V are devoted to WWII. The full set can be had for $45 brand new in factory wrap from an Amazon partner, and individual disks from the series run about $5 or $6 from the same sellers, so $29 seems awfully steep for 2 disks. Cheers,

Scott