ARMOR Magazine

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
jaywhy8202
Corporal
Corporal

ARMOR Magazine

Post by jaywhy8202 » Wed May 03, 2006 2:34 pm

ARMOR is the professional journal of the US Army’s Armor Branch, published by the Chief of Armor at Fort Knox, KY, training center for the Army’s tank and cavalry forces. It is also one of the oldest publications in the US, founded in 1888 by cavalry officers on the American frontier as a forum for discussing doctrine, tactics, and equipment among soldiers geographically separated by the great distances of the American West.

ARMOR continues this mission today, although the horses have yielded to tanks and armored fighting vehicles, and the distances between soldiers and units now span duty stations across the globe.

http://www.knox.army.mil/center/ocoa/ArmorMag/
[baf]Jon[/baf]
JO1, USN (ret.)
San Diego

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Wed May 03, 2006 3:53 pm

Hey Jon, I wanted to thank you for posting all these different links, alot of good stuff here, and I am especially happy to get the link to Armor magazine, I remember seeing copies of this in orderly rooms at Ft. Bliss Texas back in the mid 70's as a Young GI, when the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment was still Garrisoned there. If you get a chance to download the Ordnance catalogs I posted links for, do it, it's all WWII stuff but it's a fantastic resource for guys like us that are interested in this sort of stuff. All the best,

Scott

jaywhy8202
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jaywhy8202 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:01 pm

Scott:

Not a problem! Glad you found my stuff helpful. And some great links you posted yourself!
[baf]Jon[/baf]
JO1, USN (ret.)
San Diego