Papo Work with XD?

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Papo Work with XD?

Post by digger » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:25 pm

How do the buildings in this line work with XD? I see the figs are just under 3.75" which means the structures have to be at least as good as G scale train buildings. I don't mind buildings a little small, I am used to it. Anyone help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:05 am

The newer Papo figures are essentially 1/18. I have some Romans and have seen the vikings and the few napleonics they have; all very good size-wise. The older figures, like the pirates and many of the knights and civilian figures are pretty small and won't look that great with xd.

As for the accessories, most are way underscale, from the ones i've seen anyway. It depends on your tolerance but i passed on the ones i saw. It's possible they mak other buildings etc that are better in size but i doubt it somehow.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:16 am

Thanks Andrew. I always hear about them around here but never see them spoken in the context of XD so I figured there was a reason. :?

More specifically, I saw they have a barn and hen house in their "farm" line and I was wondering if they would be acceptable in my ETO? Any ideas? Thanks again. :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:17 am

well the farm figures i've seen are pretty small....just over 3 inches, so i'm guessing the buildings are not even to scale with them, so probably they are around 1/24 or so and probably mis-proportioned a bit to accomodate the relatively larger scale papo figures..

All the papo horses are on the small side...even the ones that are intended to go with the figures that are very close to being 4 inch; and it seems the larger the accessory gets, the relatively smaller it becomes..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...