King Tiger E75

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

King Tiger E75

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Do any of you know specifics about the King Tiger E75? I have found a few things different people have done and also found a kit that Trumpeter makes in 1/35 but I cant find any photos and my reference books don't mention it much. Here are some things I have found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvsev0113Pw

Did a prototype ever get built?
Were there King Tigers with night fighting scopes?
Were there King Tigers with 105mm or 122mm guns??

Or is this simply fantasy?

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: King Tiger E75

Post by Heer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:57 am

"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 am

Other than a chassis for the E-100 I don't think any of the others made it past the planning stage.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks! Has anyone ever seen or heard about normal king tigers using the night vision equipment?

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:47 am

Night Vision

One SPERBER squad including their Panthers was transfered to STUHLWEISSENBURG (Hungary) in early 1945 with 6th SS-Panzerarmee, intended to support the german counterattack to secure the area of Budapest. The rest of the Kompanie followed, but without nightfighting equipment. In 1945 the Wehrmacht planned to form 5 SPERBER Kompanies, but this concept proved to be illusory. 2 SPERBER squads joined the spontanuous formed Panzerdivision "CLAUSEWITZ", which was formed in spring 1945 on the western front. On 21st of april, these 2 squads ran down an american ambush, which has been set up at the WESER-ELBE-KANAL, and by this ensured the only documented action of the nightfighting concept SPERBER.

In march 1945 the Panzerdivision "MÜNCHEBERG" received one fully equipped Kompanie of 10 SPERBER capable Panthers and one SPERBER capable Panzer Grenadier Kompanie. The Division took part in the last fights during the battle of BERLIN. If this Division used the SPERBER concept isn´t documented.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Tiger II were not fitted with night fighting equipment nor were there ever any tank versions armed with anything other than the 88mm.