Panzer Lehr pics??

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Panzer Lehr pics??

Post by Heer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am

Anybody have any pictures of the panzer lehr division in normandy and Hungary?? Thanks in advance.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Panzer Lehr pics??

Post by ostketten » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 am

One the better books for pictures available on Panzer Lehr is Kurowski's "Die Panzer-Lehr-Division 1944-1945", it can usually be found on the used market in nice condition for about $25. This is one of the so-called "Bildband" from German publishers that focus on captioned pictures of the troops, equipment, battle locations etc., and you would be hard pressed to find a single book with more pictures of a particular unit in action than one of these "Bildband's", and most of these have dual German/English captions. If you don't want to buy the book it might be possible to find this title in PDF format for download at one of the file sharing sites, but be prepared to spend some time searching for it. I'm not aware of any website that is devoted exclusively to Panzer Lehr, but the usual Google image search should turn up hundreds of photos of the divison.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks dude.

I just purchased one on ebay for about $20.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Heer wrote:Thanks dude.

I just purchased one on ebay for about $20.
Sure, no problem. While I don't personally have the Panzer Lehr Bildband, I have one on the 6th Panzer Div. and it is excellent, so I'm fairly confident you'll be happy with your Panzer Lehr Bildband. Let us know how you like it once you've had a chance to look it over. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"