MUSEUM -TX, Houston's Military Museum of Texas

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

MUSEUM -TX, Houston's Military Museum of Texas

Post by Grognard » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Visited this museum today. Free for retirees and active duty all other $6.00. Located at 8611 Wallisville Rd, the museum is run by a groug of Military Vehicle restorers.

The collection is predominately vietnam era/modern. Among the collection was Three M113 (2 ACAV one Medic); M577A2; M60A1; M548; M578; M116; M114; M114A1E1; T114; four M151 varients; Three M561 Gamma Goats; A dozen 2.5 and 5 ton truck varients; Hummer; CUCVs; and a couple of 1/4 ton trailers.

The WWII stuff was two version of the 3/4 T ambulance; 1/4 ton trailer, CCKW 232 2.4T truck; a couple of willys and a M8 armored car.

There also were vignettes done in 1/6 scale, models, uniformes, artifacts, paintings, and XD 1/18 vehicles (display items not for sale). I'm sure I didn't cover everything.

They also have a resoted LCP(L) Higgins and a hull from a PBR II didn't know PBR were fiberglass with foam floatation devices stuck in the hull).

Only AC was a UH-1H.

The director (?) Mr.Farris gave the wife and I a tour of the Museum. Very knowedgeable and passionate about the collection. I ended up spending three hours there taking and touring MVs.

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: MUSEUM -TX, Houston's Military Museum of Texas

Post by Mr. Football » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:47 am

Thanks for the heads up. I live in the Houston area and had not heard about this. Will have to check it out sometime.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill