GREAT NEW TIGER TANK BOOKS (2 VOLUMES).

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

GREAT NEW TIGER TANK BOOKS (2 VOLUMES).

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:25 pm

I found a couple of books at Barnes and Nobels today. They are written by a German author named Wolfgang Schneider. He is a currently an active oberst (colonel) in the armor branch of the Bundeswehr. He presently works in the ministry of defense as the chief development officer for the next generation of German main battle tanks so this guy really knows his stuff!

The 2 volume set consists of about 700 pages with many photographs I have never seen before. He covers not only the normal SS and army units, but also the units that used the tiger for a short while. Lots of detail here guys including combat diaries that describe where units fought and lost tigers. A must for you die hard Panzer guys out there (all five of us) :lol: Cost is about $60.00.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:17 pm

Yes, these are the paperback versions of the highly regarded JJ. Fedorwicz out-of-print "Tigers in Combat I & II". I lucked out and managed to get both hardbacks at a decent price...though they usually retail for big bucks.

The paperbacks are a bit different, but extremely good resources nonetheless.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:48 pm

Your one of the few people who had to have had these FB. I could not pass on these either.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:58 pm

I admit, I bought both as well, couldn't pass them up. I also saw on my last visit new books in the Stackpole Military History Series, the same series that already has Panzer Aces 1 & 2, Tigers in the Mud, and Waffen SS Battles 44' to 45'( I have these). The new ones were a two set on the 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitler Jugend". There is also a book about the luftwaffe in Sicily, Infantry Aces, Grenadiers, and I think a Luftwaffe Aces book in that series as well. Although I don't have them all, I'd definitely recommend them from what I've seen.

Kevin

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:16 pm

It's good to see a remarkaby good selection of Stackpole books at Barnes & Noble.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:33 pm

I've been looking for a good book or two on the Tigers. Have to check these out.