"Saints & Soldiers" Now Playing in Houston

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

"Saints & Soldiers" Now Playing in Houston

Post by Mr. Football » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:41 am

FYI - This independently produced WWII film that won a number of film festival awards, is now showing at the Westchase Tinseltown in Houston. It'll be showing for a week, on limited release. I hear its good. I'm going to see it tomorrow night. I'll post a review.

http://www.saintsandsoldiers.com/

SYNOPSIS
Saints and Soldiers tells the gripping story of a small band of Allied soldiers who are trapped behind enemy lines with information that could save thousands of American lives. Outgunned and ill equipped, they must battle a frigid wilderness and roving German troops to smuggle the critical intelligence back to Allied territory.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

Sgt. Stryker
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sgt. Stryker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:56 pm

Understanding that I am very critical of most things in life...
SAINTS & SINNERS seems to be very similar to A MIDNIGHT CLEAR (1992), which is very similar to CASTLE KEEP (1969).
Will someone please make a proper Battle of the Bulge movie, and a war movie that doesn't feature Henry Fonda!

That said, I hope someone writes a review of SAINTS & SINNERS in this forum soon.
STRYKER

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Henry Fonda!

Post by boyx30 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:05 am

You haven't seen "MIDWAY" until you've watch it on a GAF Talking View Master!...by golly!