HBO--GENERATION KILL

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

HBO--GENERATION KILL

Post by dragon53 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:57 pm

GENERATION KILL---HBO seven-part miniseries based on the nonfiction book by ROLLING STONE writer Evan Wright about Marines during the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. Wright was embedded with the Second Platoon, Bravo Company, First Reconnaissance Battalion. The miniseries is from THE WIRE team of David Simon and Ed Burns. It premiers on Sunday, July 13.

(this is also posted on my Movie/TV News thread)

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:14 pm

I'll have to check this out, the HBO stuff is usually pretty good. Any of you guys ever seen the flick "Three Kings"...?? Pure hollywood fantasy, but pretty good entertainment nonetheless. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 am

ostketten wrote:I'll have to check this out, the HBO stuff is usually pretty good. Any of you guys ever seen the flick "Three Kings"...?? Pure hollywood fantasy, but pretty good entertainment nonetheless. 8)
If your talking about that one with George Clooney and they make off with some of Saddam's gold or something then yes I have seen it. :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton