BAD TRADER WARNING: EVERYONE PLEASE READ LATEST POST 12/28

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Tracking vs. insurance

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:34 pm

Well, I don't mean to disagree, but my experience has been different. On at least two occasions I have entered the insurance number from the blue insurance label at the usps site-after enough time for the data to be updated-and gotten the "tracking not purchased" message. So I've been assuming insurance does not necessarily mean you can track on the site.

After all, if it did, people would not choose insurance AND Del. Confirmation.

Others may have had a different experience. Just my 2 cents.

In light of recent events I'd follow up with the seller ASAP jsut to be sure. Was this on eBay or through here?

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:17 pm

Let me expound, the number on the ins. form is trackable by them only, provided it got scanned and not entered manually. However, customs #'s CAN be tracked from the website as well as the numbers on the labels of Global priority envelopes. With family overseas we do it all the time. :wink:

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Int'l

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:19 pm

Cool. I have not had to track much internationally. You probably know better than I!

ltcbj

I dunno

Post by ltcbj » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:05 pm

but if it is this person y'all are suspicious of, and this person has a non-permanent IP account #, then it would strike me that that person is pretty darn computer savvy. And mayhaps not a kid at all but in fact an adult of the age of consent to bend over in the shower where he will probably end up spending several years when all this catches up to him. eh?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Adult

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:16 pm

Actually, there is no doubt that it is an adult. It absolutely is an adult. No kid involved. That was all lies.

As for the IP address, that doesn't necessarily imply computer skills. It may be as simple as his ISP. Some ISPs assign you a static IP address that is always yours, but others give you a dynamic IP address, which changes each time you connect to the Internet.

But I do believe he is intelligent. Not an idiot at all, or crazy. A sane, intelligent thief and liar.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:24 pm

Oh, and bastard. Forgot that. :)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:12 am

All you need is an AOL account, and BAM... you have a dynamic IP (changes). If you use dial-up, you have dynamic. It's usually only DSL, Cable, T1, or T3 lines that have ips that never change.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Shower...

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:21 am

itcbj,

That's funny about the bending over in the shower thing.

Wait until he gets into the cell and they ask him what he's in there for!!

"I stole army tanks thru the U.S. Mail." He'll get more than the shower treatment in there. Even the rapists will mess with him. Mother stabers and father rapers too!!

People like him need good ol fashion street justice...just my 2 cents worth.

C2000
Attack!!!!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:27 pm

This guy could end up on the "Group W" bench, then he'd be sorry...

Anybody that understands this thread has got to be old.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Group W Bench

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:28 am

Old? Me? I'm only 39...well 39 3/4.

The day I quit buying, playing with, and enjoying tanks and "armymen" is the day that my wife burys me. :D

We just need to get those 8x10 color glossies with the circles and arrows and a paragraph about each on the back.

I love this place!!

C2000
Attack!!!!

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:09 pm

Hey, I'm new here but was over on groundpounders site a little. I did a few trades over there and didn't have any problems (chiron, warthog75). I've been lurking here for awhile watching this unfold. With new planes coming out now I've been on this site quite a bit lately and figured I'd go ahead and start posting. I hope you guys nail this piece of S#%@ and please let us know what's going on. I get a sense of satisfaction when justice is served (my wife makes fun of me for it). I hope ya'll nail this guy to the wall and can give us every gory detail on it.

nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Can't believe Audie Murphy is still alive an well!

Post by nfafan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:29 pm

Don't get over here that much since the GPF days, and was stunned to discover that AM re-surfaced. He needs a bad bludgeoning.

Thanks to the heads-up of a couple members, I was saved from being burned by him on an XD plane for an XD Tiger trade. Since then, XD Tigers are all over the local Arkansas Embasssies.

Anyway, good luck in pursuing this rat-bastard to those that have been burned. Hope the USPS can come thru and assist!

Take care all!
Steve

PPD092
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PPD092 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:46 pm

Well I've been lurking around here and the old site for a while now, but never bothered registering because I never really had anything to say. Until now.

I'm a police officer. Not someone who "works with law enforcement" or some other vague description. I'm a cop, and I put folks in jail. That being the case it's sort of frustrating reading all these posts that seem to be going around in circles. No amount of hand wringing/ e-mailing/ or black magic spell casting is going to resolve this problem. The only way to get this handled is for the people who have been scammed to contact their local police department and report it. You can't wait for someone else to take the lead, and it can't be done collectively.

You are going to have to either go in person to your local agency or have them send someone to your house. Tell the responding officer that you want to report a theft and advise him of the details. I'm sure it varies state to state, but here it would be Theft of Property. Based on the dollar amount it could be anything from a Class C misdemeanor to a Class B Felony. You don't need any lists of other people scammed/ stuff other people had stolen/ etc.

Each person involved in this is going to be a separate victim. If you want your individual case prosecuted, you are going to need to do it yourself and stop waiting for someone else. The longer this is put off, more people are going to get screwed by this asshole.

When/ if this guy gets caught he will probably be charged with Receiving Stolen Property. The main reason is that there is a lesser burden of proof ,he just has to be in possession or have disposed of items he knows to have been stolen (so he cant just get rid of the stuff and not worry). It carries the same penalties as theft, again depending on the dollar amount. My state (Alabama) has a separate statute, (Bringing into state property obtained by false pretense elsewhere) 13 A-8-21 for the whole interstate crime thing. As a previous poster stated the FBI probably won't do anything with it because of the low dollar amount, but the Postal Inspector's Office is always looking for some actual police work to do, so you might have a bit of luck there

There is no need to collect $20 bills from folks, although it was a nice gesture. Your city (misdemeanor) or state (felony) will do the legal work. All you need to do is file the report, sign a warrant, and come to court. But it wont get done unless you do it!

This guy is a criminal and needs to be prosecuted. I wasn't scammed by him, but anything I can do to help get his ass locked up I will do, based purely on the common interest I share in collecting with other members of this board.
I'll do my best to answer any questions anybody might have. When I get to work tomorrow I'll dig up some contact info for USPS as well as any other info I can get on this guy without breaking the law or getting fired.

Ron

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:37 pm

Thanks for the the info Ron!

I was not burned by this guy either but I sure appreciate the info in case it ever does happen. I hope someone who was burned will follow your advice and make this guy (trying to keep it clean) pay the consequences for taking advantage of this great group of collectors.

Thanks again,

Andy

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:16 pm

WOW! After Ron's informative post, looks like everyone decided to get
off the proverbial pot! :D

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Jail for a weasel

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:24 am

Well, it looks as if Mr. Napier-AND his accomplices in OH who received stolen property on his behalf-are going to be hauled in front of a judge. Woo hoo!

Can't say any more at this stage.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:14 am

Sweet!!! That is great news! Let us know when you can, ok? Great follow-up; now that's sack!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:39 am

Whoa....that is good news. I was afraid the little prick was going to get away scot free. Keep us posted. :)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:08 am

Wow! I'm glad some action is being taken. I agree, please let us know what happens!

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:20 am

Justice!!

Yes!!

C2000

p.s. Wasn't there a Napier also known as, "The Joker"?
Attack!!!!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:16 pm

Glad to hear that this thief is going to pay for his wrong doings.

red69charger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Glad to hear it

Post by red69charger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:57 am

I know all you guys who got screwed are probably investing a lot of time and energy into this. I just want to thank you for doing what is right and for helping keep this boards trading on the up and up. Let us know what happens when it becomes OK to speak about it.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Thanks Ron!

Thanks for your input on the forum.This guy never got to me,but I would be pretty pissed if he had.Stick around. This is a cool place to just hang out and groove with the rest of us toy junkies.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:09 pm

Hope he gets put in a cell with a nice big BUBBA and has to repay all the people he's ripped off. I know he won't get hit too bad for stealing toys but at least you guys are nailing him for it.