Goodwill of Silicon Valley

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Goodwill of Silicon Valley

Post by Aracula » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:58 am

They must have found a warehouse full of these, or they are scamming folks, as this is the 5th or 6th time they have listed these same planes.

Very odd with same pictures every time.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/72628122

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/72628115
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Goodwill of Silicon Valley

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:44 am

They were going high. Wonder if the high bidders backed out? It wouldn't be the first time.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 am

Now that I see two 109's at the same time, I agree with you Aracula. Seems quantities have turned up of those two exact items! :shock:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:37 am

Yeah something odd going on there, as I saw them one time have exact same ones on ebay from goodwill of silicon valley, so it is odd.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Could they have lucked into some Toy'R'Us 'back of the warehouse' forgotten overstock?

Both of those were sold there as I got that same 109 at the TRU next to Union Station in NYC; my first 1/18 as a matter of fact.

While working for Borders Books I got transferred to Whites Plains, NY, after my store was destroyed on 9/11. While working on inventory in the back, we found a ton of undocumented cds, tapes, videos, etc. that were removed from inventory years ago but had not been shipped back to the regional distribution centers where they would have made it back to retail somewhere eventually. But we couldn't just take what we wanted since it was store property and had to sell it as Remaindered with some off-the-cuff pricing. It's how I ended up with a lot of cd box sets like Gary Numan's first dozen albums or both halves of the Grateful Dead sets for my wife for $5 a pop. There are a few places in my area that bought some bulk when TRU was liquidating and you never know what turns up.

Or it's a weird scam.