This Weekend's Show and Sale

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

This Weekend's Show and Sale

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Used to be the Ft. Thomas, KY show in November. Moved a few years ago to West chester, OH just north of Cincinnati in March. 11th annual now at Entertrainment Junction. Free admission. Usually at least some 1/32 and 1/18

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

[CAT]CplSlade

Re: This Weekend's Show and Sale

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Wonder if my co-worker's dad will be there with his 1/6 gear?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Axis,
Hey! thanks for letting us know.
My son and I will be going!
Email me when you are going and we can make our trade phone for the plane.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:53 am

The show was disappointing as far as participation. The date had changed from the original first weekend in march to the third weekend and that may have been a factor. None of the 3 dealers that had 1/18 items in the past were there. The guys that had the big tanks and other vehicles didn't participate. What was there was of the same fine quality as in the past.

Something I'm still not good at is posing of figures to get the lifelike appearance these guys have mastered. I fight with the articulation where these guys seem to make it an art form. The same with all those small accessories that require such dexterity. Practice and patience I guess.

Prices have gone up on the stuff due to out of production and hard to find items. Not unlike 1/18 and 1/32 21st Century stuff.

The displays were small vignettes with several Airborne themes with a spattering of modern, Vietnam and non-military.

Found it interesting that a youth figure was even available for this German vehicle

The detail of this war correspondent's tent is amazing.

Airborne troops in action.

Even a few Ruskies..

As usual all the WWII was Europe with mostly Germans and Americans. You'd never know there was a war in the Pacific. Such is the figure business.

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am

Not a fan of this club anymore. I didn't like how they handled themselves in the Fort Thomas situation at all. Fort Thomas was a way better show when it was there as it pulled from a local community. You can't replicate that at Etertrainment Junction. The entire community supported it there. Venders knew that as well so they showed up in droves. I could go on and on over this but i'll leave it here. It was a bad deal.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:Not a fan of this club anymore. I didn't like how they handled themselves in the Fort Thomas situation at all. Fort Thomas was a way better show when it was there as it pulled from a local community. You can't replicate that at Etertrainment Junction. The entire community supported it there. Venders knew that as well so they showed up in droves. I could go on and on over this but i'll leave it here. It was a bad deal.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
The Ft. Thomas Salute to Veterans show is what got my hooked on 1/6 stuff. The displays were fabulous and the atmosphere was much better and there were actually bargains. Now the prices are getting crazy high. 1-1 vehicles and armament were also displayed both indoors and outside. There were reenactors set up with tents and all the accessories. Those were the days. Sad that a stupid dispute totally wiped out such a great event.

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:51 am

Couldn't agree more.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:25 am

Here's a much more complete show review.

https://ssccohio.weebly.com/2019-figurecon.html

I've never understood how these guys can be satisfied with blatant exposed articulation that looks like artificial prosthesis or some kind of robot. Especially with all the trouble they go to detailing every last thing right down to a cigarette or wristwatch. Sometimes it's difficult, especially around the wrist area or neck but you would think a better effort would be tried. Shirtless, short sleeves or short pants look silly.

:roll:

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Gotta ask this question....

This is an extremely well done DAK halftrack from the terrible Armor Hobbies kit that was void of detail and had brittle plastic that cracked just when handling. I speak from experience. A lot of custom work here including a cannon installed.

My question is: Would it make sense to have water canteens strung along the outside of the vehicle to bake in the desert sun?

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:35 pm

I don't know if that was common practice and I agree with you regarding the canteens...but
the figure in the center looks like he's dressed for a cold desert night. It might just be added details.