In Search Of 1/18 Scale Pilots..

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

In Search Of 1/18 Scale Pilots..

Post by f56tbird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 am

Greetings All..
In search of 2-1/18th scale pilots. Both must be complete with helmets.., preferably 2 that can be modified to fit into the JSI F-14 cockpit but others can also be considered. Can purchase outright for a reasonable price or perhaps swap for something that one would need for a project or model. Can be contacted here or directly at [email protected] to discuss more in detail. Many thanks.. :)
John in FLA..
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..

air one
Corporal
Corporal

Re: In Search Of 1/18 Scale Pilots..

Post by air one » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Air One..
Excellent.. thanks for the tip. You sir are a steely eyed missile man..
Thanks again..
John G..
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 am

These are very nice, I had a set a few years back for my Tomcat but, sold them. One thing you need to know before purchasing them is they don't come assembled, they won't fit unless your cockpit is out of the jet. They are resin and must be painted and put together piece by piece so they fit. Not an easy task to do with the cockpit sealed up in the fuselage.
This was the one reason I sold mine plus, I suck at painting figures.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Steve..
Thanks for the heads up. Painting is no problem. Have done many figures in many different scales. I too also concluded as well that a assembled JSI F-14 would be practically impossible to install / fit completed and detailed pilots in without some damage. I have another F-14 that I will be soon disassembling and at that point installation would make more sense. Currently have 4 in my collection repainted and all are minus pilots. This one will be the first with both pilots seated and detailed. Thanks again for you insight..
John G.

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:10 am

f56tbird wrote:Steve..
Thanks for the heads up. Painting is no problem. Have done many figures in many different scales. I too also concluded as well that a assembled JSI F-14 would be practically impossible to install / fit completed and detailed pilots in without some damage. I have another F-14 that I will be soon disassembling and at that point installation would make more sense. Currently have 4 in my collection repainted and all are minus pilots. This one will be the first with both pilots seated and detailed. Thanks again for you insight..
John G.
No problem. I hope you share some pics of your Cats with us.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Steve..
Will do..
John G..

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 pm

f56tbird wrote:Steve..
Will do..
John G..
Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Steve

bobb428
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bobb428 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Steve, how hard are these to fit in the cabin?

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 am

bobb428 wrote:Steve, how hard are these to fit in the cabin?
The BBI aircrew will fit inside the cockpit without any modifications but, it's tricky and must be done with care.
The aftermarket resin ones fit extremely nice but, they must be painted first and then assembled, inside the cockpit, piece by piece. If you try to totally assemble them outside the cockpit, they will not fit.

Steve

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Steve...
Not to sound like a dumbbell but I have had no luck in trying to post some pics. If it is not too much trouble could you possibly point me in the right direction..? Is there a process or procedure to do this...? Many thanks in advance.
John G... : :oops:

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:41 pm

f56tbird wrote:Steve...
Not to sound like a dumbbell but I have had no luck in trying to post some pics. If it is not too much trouble could you possibly point me in the right direction..? Is there a process or procedure to do this...? Many thanks in advance.
John G... : :oops:
Well, first off, do you have a photo hosting site, like Image Shack, Smug Mug, etc. ?? This is the first thing you'll need.
I'm not very computer savy and I'm not really sure how to explain it to you with all the proper terminology. I'm hoping others would chime in here and explain the process to you.

Steve

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:36 am

Steve..,
Had an account with photobucket but no longer active. Really had not much time to search for another provider. If you like I can send you pics directly to your e-mail address. I not only resurrect 1/18 scale F-14's but many in other scales too. Been a modeler / scratch builder over 40 years. Belong to many clubs and organisations along with the IPMS and I do volunteer work here in DeLand Florida at one of our local museums where we have an actual F-14 A "Grim Reapers" on display on loan from the navy parked right next to the building. I am Glad you liked the posting I responded to about the two F-14 customs currently selling on e-bay. Perhaps I am too critical in my attention to detail but I have seen fly and worked on the real airplane. Many of our board members purchased and dealt with skyworks years ago and only a very small percentage ever received any real bang for their buck. It finally wound down with Jack disappearing with the 1/18 A-10 prototype and I am sure you know the rest. Would love to see some of you cats as well.. [email protected]
JG.. :D

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 pm

I'll get in touch with you via email, thanks.
You can see my two Cats on this forum. My one is under the JSI Tomcat-Super Detailing forum. My part starts on the bottom of page four and the rest of it is all me, the other guys disappeared.
My other one is under 1/18th F-14A " Black Knights " Tomcat, JSI's second release.
Hope you like what you see.

Steve
"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"