Ebay - Mistruth Seller

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Ebay - Mistruth Seller

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:43 am

Ebay - Mistruth Seller
A seller is advertising his "rare" Vietnam prototype for 49.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ultimate-s ... Swj85YRlB1

This is NOT a prototype. This was bagged APC/Huey crew that 21st Century sold on their website for 1.00 DOLLAR each! It burns me up when people try to take advantage of other people.

Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

slogan
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Ebay - Mistruth Seller

Post by slogan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:44 pm

These 2 items can be bought today on Amazon today for $45.00...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBI-Elite-Force ... SwImRYHkKo
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

tmanthegreat

Re: Ebay - Mistruth Seller

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:52 am

It seems those 21c S1 Vietnam Huey pilot and Tanker/Driver figures command high prices these days for some reason... I can sort of understand the high prices for the Huey pilots as they only came with the helicopter, but not so much the tanker/driver figures as those were pretty common. I bought a bunch of them from 21c when they were letting them go for $1.00 nearly 10 years ago and have had enough to crew all my 1/18 Vietnam vehicles and helicopters with a couple left over. 21c missed an opportunity by not releasing their Huey pilot figure in carded form like they did the WWII pilots. Collectors would have bought dozens of them for their Hueys and Supercobras.

However, the one figure I wish I'd bought more of though was the BBI WWII US Navy pilot figure. I remember around the time the Hellcat was released 10 years ago BBI offered those figures bagged for something like $5.00. I only got three (to crew a 21c Avenger) but not any more. You never see them now...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."