Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Metfish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

Post by Metfish » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Well I am content with what the collection fetched on ebay. Like I always say, the collection is worth what someone is willing to pay, no more, no less. I said from the start that I wasnt going to sell the models one at a time, it would have cost a fortune and I simply don't have the time. I am setting out to deliver the collection to the winner tomorrow and having spoken several times to him it sounds like the birds found a good home.

I am sticking with my 1/200 and 1/32 collections (I started those long ago). The 1/18th scale just was not practical for me. The only way to display them really is to hang them up, and my home is not condusive to that. Someone asked about my 1/32 collection:
well I have all of the Corgi 1/32 WWII aircraft and all of the Hobby Master Dauntlesses and Hellcats. I also have all of the Elite Forces and or Unimax (I forget who makes them, but I bought em). With the departure of the 1/18 birds I now have room to buy a nice display cabinet and get the 1/32s on display.

Being that I work for a commercial airline I got into 1/200 almost at the start. I have an extensive collection of 1/200s (on display) and even branched out to the 1/200 military planes. To anyone wondering, the Hogan M series 1/200 military planes, although small, are excellent models.

Oh, and I have reserved one area of my home to display all of the 1/72 space models I own. It's pretty cool seeing the Mecury/Gemini and Saturn collections all next to each other.

All in all I think the buyer is happy and I am as well! :blueangel:

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

Post by Studly » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:32 pm

G'day Metfish. Glad you were able to sell them all , someones going to have a great collection that's for sure. I use to mainly build 1/24 and 1/32 scale kits but since i started collecting 1:18 scale that's all fallen to the side. Once again good luck with the new space you have created . :D