Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Eddy10440
Sergeant
Sergeant

Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

Post by Eddy10440 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Last edited by Eddy10440 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Entire aicraft collection on Ebay

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

very nice collection . I wonder what his reserve is ?

$4,000 ?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:39 pm

He says 170 models for under $100 each. My guess at approximately $75.00 each which would be $12,750.00 so maybe he rounds it down to $10,000.00 or approximately $59.00 each. Either way I have the feeling the reserve will be too rich for my blood.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:38 pm

I'd love to get my hands on that P-51 "Passion Wagon". Didn't even know that one got produced :!:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Oh Boy the Mind Boggles , I want I Want :shock:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 pm

yeah pretty sure he will not get what he wants.

selling a large collection like this would be a hard sell no matter what the economy situation may be in.

and the economy situation now is not that good.

Eddy10440
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Eddy10440 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:43 pm

pickelhaube wrote:very nice collection . I wonder what his reserve is ?

$4,000 ?
My guess... would be at least double than that

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:29 am

Yep, he's going for the Gold. Can tell by the way he is claiming many are in the $300-$500 each range. How can you miscount 170 when there are only 95?

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:57 am

Well its a nice collection........but what do you get? I don't see a list or did I miss it.
95? maybe he's keeping the other 75.
If it were Tanks I'd bid on them.... :P

:shock: I hope he gets top $........

"As for shipping, well I live in Texas. To avoid the aforementioned trips to the post office, I will load all models into a truck and drive them to you, at my expense. Of course Alaska and Hawaii might prove difficult, but maybe we could work something out."

pickelhaube

Re: Entire 1/18 aicraft collection on Ebay

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

I have bought a few collections in my life and I have sold almost everything he has listed except the modern jets .

this would be an awesome collection to have if the money is right.

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:10 am

It's at.....$10,100.00 with 5 days to go. :shock:

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:40 pm

normandy wrote:It's at.....$10,100.00 with 5 days to go. :shock:
And the reserve still not met...

I would think this guy would take $10k though, that is a fair chunk of change.

-Kevin

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 pm

PanzerArm wrote:
normandy wrote:It's at.....$10,100.00 with 5 days to go. :shock:
And the reserve still not met...

I would think this guy would take $10k though, that is a fair chunk of change.

-Kevin
that 10,100 is my dumbazz I hope he doesnt im regretting bidding we got carried away

Metfish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Metfish » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi,

That's my collection on ebay. The reserve is just about met. I definately spent more then 10k when I compiled e collection. I went back over my purchases during 2013 (when I bought most of them), and only got a handful for less then $100. I'm not a fool though, I know the collection is only worth what someone will pay, so I'm really not married to any price. My big issue is to get two rooms back from my house!

Metfish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Metfish » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:06 pm

The jets alone could bring 4000, or more. That would leave about 85 models at about $70 each. Pretty good deal if I had to do it all again. This is all predicated on getting 10k of course.....

Metfish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Metfish » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 pm

pickelhaube wrote:very nice collection . I wonder what his reserve is ?

$4,000 ?

$4000 would cover the jets alone, IMO.

Eddy10440
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Eddy10440 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Metfish wrote:Hi,

That's my collection on ebay. The reserve is just about met. I definately spent more then 10k when I compiled e collection. I went back over my purchases during 2013 (when I bought most of them), and only got a handful for less then $100. I'm not a fool though, I know the collection is only worth what someone will pay, so I'm really not married to any price. My big issue is to get two rooms back from my house!
Oh, glad you show up around here!, please tell us about the miscount :lol:

Nice collection by the way.

snake

Post by snake » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Haven't done the math, but seems somewhat reasonable, given what you are getting.

Especially as you don't have to pay for USPS shipping. Can you imagine what almost 100 1/18 models would cost to ship. :shock:

Going to be a tough sell to do in one lot, but the U Haul shipping makes it quite attractive.

Good luck Metfish, and think your price is very fair, with the shipping factored in. :wink:

Think an online retailer would probably be the winning bidder, but maybe an individual will step up and get an instant, huge collection.

Metfish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Metfish » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

snake wrote:Haven't done the math, but seems somewhat reasonable, given what you are getting.

Especially as you don't have to pay for USPS shipping. Can you imagine what almost 100 1/18 models would cost to ship. :shock:

Going to be a tough sell to do in one lot, but the U Haul shipping makes it quite attractive.

Good luck Metfish, and think your price is very fair, with the shipping factored in. :wink:

Think an online retailer would probably be the winning bidder, but maybe an individual will step up and get an instant, huge collection.
Thanks Snake. I'm not expecting to get rich on this deal, I just need the space in my home. I have huge collections of 1/32 and 1/200 aircraft, so one had to go. If I don't sell them this week I'll give my daughter a summer assignment to sell the models individually on ebay!

snake

Post by snake » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Went for $10,600.

So Metfish must be somewhat happy. A nice chunk of cash, plus he will have two rooms in his house back. :lol:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:02 am

snake wrote:Went for $10,600.

So Metfish must be somewhat happy. A nice chunk of cash, plus he will have two rooms in his house back. :lol:
Wow!! That is awesome!! Hopefully they will go to a good home. I'd love to see Metfish's 1/32 collection, I bet it's amazing!
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

do335pfeil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by do335pfeil » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 pm

A friend of mine sold him a few models about a year ago while he was building up his collection. I think he bought Cripes'A'Mighty. I remember my friend telling me he scoured over craigslist to find them. He lost a ton of money as he paid top dollar for the collection. Some of the f-18s were bought at the same time as the cripes. I wonder what happened? he could have sold all of those for well over 50,000.00 if he were patient. There were some RAAF aggressors in there.

WOW

In 2010 I walked into a Goodwill and found over 200 1/18 planes / jets NIB and 50 used or so. Also, 65 Hot Toys Military, DID, and others and 40 hobby master 1/72. They were lined up along a wall all the way to the ceiling. I paid 19.99 per item and sold them for a $60,000 profit. I personally like the Lombardi sweater better. I kept a few of the prototypes such as the Solomon Islands ZERO, and the Me-163 but it needed a lot of work to make it clean. I've only seen one other. I heard the guy ripped off a lot of people. I'll have to unpack it and post some photos.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:10 am

do335pfeil wrote:A friend of mine sold him a few models about a year ago while he was building up his collection. I think he bought Cripes'A'Mighty. I remember my friend telling me he scoured over craigslist to find them. He lost a ton of money as he paid top dollar for the collection. Some of the f-18s were bought at the same time as the cripes. I wonder what happened? he could have sold all of those for well over 50,000.00 if he were patient. There were some RAAF aggressors in there.

WOW

In 2010 I walked into a Goodwill and found over 200 1/18 planes / jets NIB and 50 used or so. Also, 65 Hot Toys Military, DID, and others and 40 hobby master 1/72. They were lined up along a wall all the way to the ceiling. I paid 19.99 per item and sold them for a $60,000 profit. I personally like the Lombardi sweater better. I kept a few of the prototypes such as the Solomon Islands ZERO, and the Me-163 but it needed a lot of work to make it clean. I've only seen one other. I heard the guy ripped off a lot of people. I'll have to unpack it and post some photos.

$60,000 profit ? You must have made over 355 deals of a life time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me I am not trying to start any stuff but I may just have to call your bluff on this one partner.

I did the math and there is a good chance that you maybe could have made about $40,000 profit if all of the stars aligned and the wind was at your back and the guys you sold things to never heard of e-bay .

But when dealing with tens of thousands of dollars maybe $20,000 difference does not matter .

Seems like you bought somebodies collection who dumped it at goodwill as a charitable donation .

I am not really sure how many different offerings of modern jets and color designations that were made but I know there was not over 200 maybe 20 .

But if indeed you did actually make 60 K as profit , jeez good for you !!!!!!!
Good for you .

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Holy cow, that's the most money I've ever seen diecast toys go :shock: :shock:
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:45 pm

pickelhaube wrote:
do335pfeil wrote:A friend of mine sold him a few models about a year ago while he was building up his collection. I think he bought Cripes'A'Mighty. I remember my friend telling me he scoured over craigslist to find them. He lost a ton of money as he paid top dollar for the collection. Some of the f-18s were bought at the same time as the cripes. I wonder what happened? he could have sold all of those for well over 50,000.00 if he were patient. There were some RAAF aggressors in there.

WOW

$60,000 profit ? You must have made over 355 deals of a life time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me I am not trying to start any stuff but I may just have to call your bluff on this one partner.

I did the math and there is a good chance that you maybe could have made about $40,000 profit if all of the stars aligned and the wind was at your back and the guys you sold things to never heard of e-bay .

But when dealing with tens of thousands of dollars maybe $20,000 difference does not matter .

Seems like you bought somebodies collection who dumped it at goodwill as a charitable donation .

I am not really sure how many different offerings of modern jets and color designations that were made but I know there was not over 200 maybe 20 .

But if indeed you did actually make 60 K as profit , jeez good for you !!!!!!!
Good for you .
LMAO Pickle.....Good Call :lol: