Replacement Parts

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
brillcs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Replacement Parts

Post by brillcs » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi guys, first time posting here. I have read the forum rules, I am not looking to buy, sell, or trade anything from anyone here on the site. I do need some help from people who are active in this particular community though.

I collect 1:48 scale diecast. Mostly Armour/FM, Hobby Master, and Marushin. My wife recently picked up a Hobby Master P-51 Mustang from an estate sale. Sadly she didn't look in the box. It's missing the cockpit glass, both landing gear sets, and the stand.

The stand I'm not concerned with as I have a few that should work with it. I would however, like to get some replacement pieces for the cockpit and landing gear. Do you guys know of any websites that offer things like this? And if so can you shoot me a link to them? Thank you. Mods if this thread should not be here please feel free to nuke it.

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Replacement Parts

Post by USCGMK2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm

You can try to e-mail HobbyMaster. Give them the P/N of the aircraft and what parts you need.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll vouch for contacting Hobby Master. I've done it a couple times myself, once with a NIB model I bought new and once with one I got off eBay, but which was still in the unopened box. You will need the part/model number, etc and provide a good description of the item. Just tell them you bought the model new as I'm not sure they will be as keen on replacing items that were lost on purpose. But its still worth a shot!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

brillcs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brillcs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks guys. I shot them an email and they are checking to see if they have the parts. The rep said if they did it would only cost about eight dollars including shipping. That's a very reasonable price.