Jesus !! $200+ For a Generic Hellcat !

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Jesus !! $200+ For a Generic Hellcat !

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Wow

W :shock: W

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261223405151?ss ... 1423.l2649

Newbies strike again.

A sellers dream !!!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

normandy

Re: Jesus !! $200+ For a Generic Hellcat !

Post by normandy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:54 am

Seems he's got another one for sale....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-bbi-ultima ... 3405151%26

rohirrimknight
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rohirrimknight » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:08 am

Three years ago when I start to collect 1/18 planes. Price were mostly in this range or higher. F-16 and F-18 went beyond this value. Seller dream.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:19 am

A few years ago, I got my 1/18 Hellcat on clearance from Historicaviation for about $20-----maybe the ebay seller got his from that sale.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 am

I remember the HA sale, picked up a case at $30/plane, 6 planes per case. Just before they ran out they had limits placed. Newbie collectors are what it's all about, always need new blood in any hobby to keep it going, if they want to pay more, which most do simply due to inexperience that so many confuse for 'stupid, dumb, more money than sense' and so on (and I'm guilty too). IMHO it amounts to a lack of patience on behalf of the new collector. Ebay has become the only real 'price guide' for so many things coz the bottom line, any item is only worth what can be got for it. Printed price guides are fur scheiße, imo, regardless of the subject matter.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:24 pm

vmf214 wrote:Ebay has become the only real 'price guide' for so many things coz the bottom line, any item is only worth what can be got for it. Printed price guides are fur scheiße, imo, regardless of the subject matter.
That's how I feel about WW2 items in general. So many of these 'printed guides' set the prices so high you wonder where they got that number from. Pop on ebay and often times you can find you'll be able to pick up several for the price the guide lists for one. Example being WW2 Officer's Crusher Caps... often those guides list them at $250-$300. You can usually get one anywhere from $50-$100 on ebay if you are patient.

snake

Post by snake » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Like you say, a sellers dream.

An impatient newbie, and think most of us were guilty of this when we first started. More a question of inexperience, rather than stupidity, etc.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:26 pm

p51 wrote:
vmf214 wrote:Ebay has become the only real 'price guide' for so many things coz the bottom line, any item is only worth what can be got for it. Printed price guides are fur scheiße, imo, regardless of the subject matter.
That's how I feel about WW2 items in general. So many of these 'printed guides' set the prices so high you wonder where they got that number from. Pop on ebay and often times you can find you'll be able to pick up several for the price the guide lists for one. Example being WW2 Officer's Crusher Caps... often those guides list them at $250-$300. You can usually get one anywhere from $50-$100 on ebay if you are patient.

Yeah the militaria price guides are insane. Just check out ebay, surplus shops, pawn shops, etc etc and 'most' items can be had for alot less. I've collected militaria since was a kid, fortunately my youngest son is in to it so have someone to leave it too when PCS to the great beyond.

Seems most price guides are written by cats that want to inflate the value of their own collections..lol. What I hate is the know-nothing-know-it-all type newbie collector, especially with militaria. Recently saw a 98k bayonet and frog ensemble on ebay that the seller claims that the makers mark on the rear of the frog is actually the "personalized name of the soldier that carried it" , lmao! A) uh no B) the bloody frog is a poor reproduction lol C) the price is truly insane
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 am

Matthew:

Speaking of Hellcats did you ever decide if you could make the bottom antenna part that is on the Hellcat. Mine has been broken for some time and I am in need of another one, probably a lot of people are actually. Was just wondering if you had ever decided or checked in to making this part or not.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Matthew:

Speaking of Hellcats did you ever decide if you could make the bottom antenna part that is on the Hellcat. Mine has been broken for some time and I am in need of another one, probably a lot of people are actually. Was just wondering if you had ever decided or checked in to making this part or not.

Corey

Hey Corey,

I have not even had time to think about them. :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller