Time For Auction II ?

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Time For Auction II ?

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 am

Hey Guys,

I am still out of town. I have a few minets before having to go.

Is it time for Auction II

I pulled out a bunch of stuff before I left.

Hanomags
P-38s
F-104s
Stukas
Me-109s

I am sure there will be more. But when I get back i really need to get on the Tiger II project .

The first auction took almost a full week of time in the making.

Packing was the biggest pain. I just can't get the boxes that I once could and now I have to make them. :shock: :roll: :(

I will try to check back in later.
Last edited by pickelhaube on Sat May 18, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Axis Nightmare

Re: Time For Action II ?

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri May 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Time for action on an auction? Or an auction of action? :lol:

Call it the "Action Auction" :!:

Either way, ready when you are. 8)

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri May 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeap, ready when you are.
Talking about the boxes, you could just add a price for packaging as well? Especially if you need to buy some packing boxes.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm

I absolutely agree. You need to offset both your time and expenses with an additional handling fee along with the shipping. You are doing us a favor and it is the least we can do. :)

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

pickelhaube

Re: Time For Auction II ?

Post by pickelhaube » Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 am

Action auction it is all the same thing :D :oops:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am

I'll set up the forum when you're ready, and I'll make sure there's a global announcement pointing to the new forum so no one misses it. PM me when you're ready to do the live auction. And anyone can participate in selling, but keep in mind they have to be really great prices in order for this to work. Also, I'd like to go over some generic rules I can post before we do the auction such as:

1) You can put in bids right up till the moment the auction is over. The original poster (such as pickelhaube) will decide when to close the thread. When he posts that the thread is closed, the auction is over. I will then lock the thread.

2) Payment is expected promptly, or at the very least contacting the original poster asap for payment info, shipping, etc.

3) Be civil, just like ebay this is an auction and you CAN be outbid. It is recommended that you bookmark any of the live auctions you want on your computer, phone, etc so you can easily check back. You can also get emails when someone posts in the threads by checking the "Notify me when a reply is posted" when making your reply.

4) Stores/Companies are allowed to participate ONLY if their prices are lower than that on their website/store. If they are found posting their normal sale prices the thread will be removed and posting access to the live auctions removed.

5) Anyone can participate (selling or bidding), however just like the stores if you are posting auction items you MUST start at a low price. You run the risk of losing money, or perhaps you'll get lucky and a bidding war will start and you'll get more than you bargained for. Just like ebay, it's always a risk. But to be a part of the live auction you MUST set your starting price lower than what you might find on ebay for the item. Otherwise, just use the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and NOT the live auction to play it safe and sell the item for the price you really want.

Anymore rules needed?

And finally, I think we need a FORM template for posting on the first post of the threads. Here's what I'm thinking (thoughts on what more to add?)

ITEM:
STARTING PRICE:
SHIPPING COST:
AUCTION END DATE/TIME:
DESCRIPTION:
BOX INCLUDED?:
ACCESSORIES MISSING:
PHOTOS:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Thank you, Britt, for taking the time to post some rules for the Live Auction feature. That can go a ways to clarifying issues and setting policies. Hopefully they will be put into a sticky thread at the top of the Auction Forum. Also, I am glad auctions are not being limited to just one member this time...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:23 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Thank you, Britt, for taking the time to post some rules for the Live Auction feature. That can go a ways to clarifying issues and setting policies. Hopefully they will be put into a sticky thread at the top of the Auction Forum. Also, I am glad auctions are not being limited to just one member this time...
I will be putting the rules in the global announcement. My posting of it here was just to see if any more rules need to be added. Thoughts?

big_mike
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by big_mike » Sat May 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Perhaps specify within the form types of payment accepted.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sat May 18, 2013 10:44 pm

So does the 6 month probation period still apply to new members or?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"