1/32 88mm crew member for free

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

1/32 88mm crew member for free

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri May 10, 2013 2:46 pm

I've found in my parts box a crew member from a 1/32 88mm gun I no longer have.

This guy is the standing guy with a range finder. You want it, pay me only whatever the actual shipping cost turns out to be and this little guy is yours.....

PM me, this is a continental U.S. deal only.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/32 88mm crew member for free

Post by tpa05 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 am

Commin' from another guy from 'jersey, I just wanna say it was nice to log on this mornin' and find this.

John

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 am

John:

Sorry to disappoint you but I am a transplant (like you). Being here only 5 years, I'm hardly considered a "Piney" yet. We love it here, but then we loved being on Staten Island which was great also, a great place to raise our kids, but not so great for old farts who don't want to hear loud cars, traffic, kids screaming, etc., etc. We did not want to move to FL, been there, done that. So we found our slice of heaven in the Pinelands. We even hear machine guns and mortar fire off in the distance from Dix,Maguire,Lakehurst when the wind is right. How cool is that, listening to gunfire while I am working on one of my toys. Close enough to use the Ft. Dix shooting range when my kids visit. Super cheap, great facilities. Can't do that on Staten Island. :roll:

BTW - Two of my kids still live on Staten Island, not bad for them......yet. 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 am

Hello TTT,

Yea, beatin' the "Go Jersey" flag from down here in Tampa. Had to smile when I read your response as I ended up here for the same reasons you dropped anchor there. I'm from Newark originally (Yup, born and raised) and no, not one of the many cities just outside. Lived on 9th street for 17 years and with the High School I went to across town (MLK and then later Clinton Ave) it was always a fun ride on the city bus in the mornin'. Had an epiphany however around the age of 16 when a guy tried to rob me with a bolt-action rifle and it was then that I thought to myself "College might actually be a good idea....". Especially if you're the only irish kid in the neigbhorhood. Lookin' like Danny Bonaduce from the Partridge Family during the late-70's/early-80's brought it's own challenges for sure. Anyway, ended up goin' to Embry-Riddle down in Daytona. Chose the beach over drive-byes and decided to stay. And yes, like you had a great opportunity to hear weapons fired in the background however the rule was usually "hide under the bed...".

With a mother who insisted on saving the world (or at least Newark), she refused to leave and so I went back for 4 summers and taught inner-city kids math and aviation at a summer camp/school right there in the old North Hangers there at Newark Airport. I'd be wrong however if I didn't say that while perhaps not the best or safest place to grow up I definately learned lessons I would never have gotten anyplace else and not sure I would have changed a thing!

TTT I think I should add an apology as I realize this is a sales thread but when offered a chance to talk about home (yup, it's still that...) I go a little type-happy. And yes, add too that it's a guy from 'Jersey doin' a nice thing. Good for you and us!

John