DONE SELLING HERE...NEVER AGAIN

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

DONE SELLING HERE...NEVER AGAIN

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 am

Greetings

As some of you know I have been trying to let go of a few items to pay some things that are a more immediate need in my life. I also needed to make some space in my collection so it was a good time to sell. It is not a question of needing the money in an emergency but having some extra money would be nice etc.

The things I listed were all reasonable market value, most of the items I was actually LOSING money on selling them at the prices I was here. I was trying to keep the item prices in reach of the board members who wanted them and that people could get them without putting a huge dent into their pockets or paying the ebay prices.

To the credit of some members, some have offered to pay my listed prices and thought they were fine. That I have no issue with. The issue I have on this fourm is the people who lowball and continue to say they want stuff but when you make a price adjustment never acknowledge you. Then, there are some folks here who are trying to trade and clearly aren't allowed to by the forum rules, yet none of this has been stopped because they have been allowed all over the forum posting endlessly. And I am sorry but the person who offered $50 for the Blue Angels Hornet was just insulting.

I think I am done selling here. Never again. Way too much of a hassle with some people. It is no wonder we have lost so many members here over the past couple years and certain people just refuse to do business in the trader section. I am now one of them.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: DONE SELLING HERE...NEVER AGAIN

Post by BELTxFED » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 am

[You're not alone since there isn't much selling going on here anymore. Before you sign off, Corey, I pm'd you to haggle a bit for your Dauntless. So, please, suspend your decision for a day or two. Anyway, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the membership for selling me some very nice models.
Last edited by BELTxFED on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

YT

Post by YT » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 am

I certainly feel your pain, I have had numerous similar experiences. Just to temper the argument, I just sold some stuff to 2 great members, who are always real gentleman to deal with. So I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 am

Hey Corey,

Take a deep breath I have been on both sides of the coin myself.

On my current project I have potentially sold over 40 of my items.

In reality only slightly over 20 have sold.

I can honestly say that I have bought over 95 % of the items off of members that I said that I would by.

The 5 % I have backed out of is because I had money issues at the time.

Things do happen and people will try to low ball you all of the time.

It happens to me quite often and I do cut deals.

But sometimes I just can't .

Do not let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch of us.

I for one deal with almost all of the forum members on this board , maybe not almost all but quite a few.

I also have dealt with almost all of the vendors who sell our beloved XD.

Almost all of my transactions have been positive .

When ever I get bent I drink a cup of coffee and play with my toys and everything is better.

Now E-bay transactions that is a whole other story.

Dealing with some of those rip off artists really tried me .

Luckily the good ( me ) triumphed over bad ( I forgot his multiple of names )..

Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Gosh Corey! if its that big of a deal Ill raise it up to $55 but thats it!! :lol: :lol:

You're killin me over here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But that includes shipping you cheap bastard!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Haha, but seriously keep your head up my friend! When they do that to me I always say sure! but the shipping is $350! :lol: :lol:

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Greetings

I want to be clear about something...the insulting offer for the Hornet did not come from firefighterpilot1. He offered me my asking price which I considered. I have declined to sell the Hornet at that price mainly because I'd still be losing considerable money selling it at $300 (I bought it later on in my collecting off Ebay for more).

The person I have issues with is one that has been allowed to run amok all over this forum despite the fact he had been banned for trying to trade illegally and then cursed everyone out when he got banned. Somehow this member was allowed to return under a different username and once again run amok all over the forum. I wouldn't have an issue with the person being here EXCEPT they are once again breaking the trading rules set forth here by contacting members about items before their time limit has cleared.

But just wanted to be clear, no issues with firefighterpilot1. Seems like a nice guy and just wants a Blue Angels Hornet.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:03 pm

I'll support you here, Corey, since you are a long time member coming from the old GPXD board. I wouldn't let this issue shake you up too bad - we all look for deals around here - and thats part of the reason why we have this BST forum. If you can't sell something at the price you listed - or certain members try to low-ball you - just let it go. You can always say no and move on. I've had to do it a number of times in the past, even with items I though would most certainly sell.

What concerns me more is what you have brought up about certain members trying to trade that have not passed their 6-month wait period. We've had people in the past that tried to bend or break this rule (like that Derek kid from last year) and they ultimately wound up causing more harm than good, whether to themselves, other members, or this community at large.

If I were in your shoes, I would bring the incident and members involved to the attention of the moderators since we SHOULD NOT have members who are under the 6 month limit requesting to buy/sell/trade - even if they are active. To me, its a simple rule and one that should be followed for security and safety reasons.

Just my 2 cents :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

Corey,

I was not aware of this person (and still after reading your message) having returned or being banned. I can't be on this forum 24-7, as my other projects/jobs/etc keep me from actively monitoring this board. Generally I don't browse through the BST forum and let Aferg alert me whenever he sees anything amiss and I'll take care of it. This is EXACTLY the type of thing that, if you or anyone else is having a problem or issue with, should message me on here so I can work it out. Again, I can't be on here all the time and I very often never see the disputes or issues that come up UNLESS someone messages me. Especially since in this instance I have no knowledge of what's going on... I wish you would have messaged me sooner and I hope you will message me about this particular user.

For anyone else reading this thread, if you have a problem, please message Aferg or myself. Don't keep your concerns private until it's too late. We can't monitor every thread on this board.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 am

Corey,

You have some impressive trade references listed. Don't "throw the baby out with the bath water". Enjoy the positive and ignore the negative. Just like my "Craigslist Idiots", drive me nuts sometime but...I still use it because the successes outweigh the negatives. I may go through 5 "idiots" before I get one good deal. 8) Got to keep this flawed world in perspective.

Just my unsolicited opinion. :wink:

Hang in there.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

edit: I have nothing more to say about this guy.

snake

Post by snake » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Corey does raise a very valid point. And has my support on this issue.

I have made a couple of transactions on here, all buys, and the experience has always been positive. One member even gave me a 1/32 P-47 for free, even though he wanted a modest $30 for it, and I was more than happy to buy it for that price. He simply gave it to me, but I insisted on paying for the shipping at least.

But I have heard of some less than positive experiences, mostly from sellers. And to be offered $50 for a BBI Blue Angels Hornet is indeed insulting. Why any member would even send an offer like that is beyond me.

Appreciate that the BST is available, and is a good idea, but members should be respectful, and realize that this isn't a charity cause.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 am

Hey Corey, I hope you'll reconsider and stick around, I've bought several items from you over the years and your prices were always more than reasonable so I always paid your asking price. No need to haggle if the price is fair.
(although I don't see my name on your trade list ;-) . ). As someone else said, don't let a few bad apples drive you away.