Question on PayPal Refund

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Question on PayPal Refund

Post by immeww2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:09 pm

I sold an item to a buyer in Singapore. He reported he never received the item. The item was shipped first class international air mail (under 4 pounds) and did not provide for tracking. Since I could not produce a tracking number Paypal refunded the money to the buyer. So now I'm out the money plus the item since I could not provide a tracking number on a shipment that could not be tracked. I know that tracking is available for international express mail, but that method of shipment is very costly. Should I appeal PayPal's decision based on the facts? It seems like I have to bear the burden of guaranteeing that the shipment arrives to the buyer rather than the post office.

YT

Re: Question on PayPal Refund

Post by YT » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm

You are SOL, always get tracking, pass along cost to the buyer.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

For ebay dont send stuff first class internaional unless you are familiar with buyer. Same thing happened to me. You can send priority international and the customs number will give you full tracking to delivery. I went back and forth with overseas buyers about why I no longer ship first class it was so aggravating.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 am

Yep you are SOL.

I do give my overseas buyers the option. Then I tell them that I can not guarantee that they will get the item unless I do the express because the post off. no longer is able to give a tracking number on the item.

I sell a LOT of my offerings overseas.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks guys for the advice. I'll be shipping all international packages by priority mail.