When to say When

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

When to say When

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 am

Hey all,

Question, or request for advice from you about a business transaction.

When it comes to sales, I look for the best price, but then also consider level of service or professionalism of the company and staff. If I buy a meal, or a car, customer courtesy and professionalism of the company and staff detemnines if I will come back. I will even pay more for the same item if I know I will be treated as a valued customer and receive consistent and friendly professionalism and communication.

All this being said, I made a transaction with a business recently for a relatively large amount of money and after a week, I have still not received any confirmation of the transaction, nor even a simple "thank you for your business" (this was an on-line transaction). After a week of deliberating on whether or not to say something about it and maybe even asking for a refund and take my business elsewhere, I wanted to get all of your opinions as it is related to our hobby. What are your thoughts? Is price all that matters, or does professional courtesy count for you when you decide where to purchase from in the future?

thanks,

Andy

toyktdlgh

Re: When to say When

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:11 am

I must admit I’m with you on this topic. I will pay a bit more for better service. It’s all about trust. It may be cheaper someplace else but how do I know they really care about me or the produce they are selling? I used to buy all my car parts at Autozone. I did this for years until I finally realized I hated going into that store. The older guys behind the counter always made me fee stupid for asking questions. Their service sucked and the lines were always long. I finally switched to Advanced auto parts. Their service was much better, their prices were about the same and I felt like they cared about their parts. That applies to on-line purchases as well. If it’s an eBay item I may go for the better feedback verses the cheapest item.

In your case I would try to contact them and get an update on your order. They should have a service number you can call. Just ask if you can get an ETA on your order and mention to them that you never got any kind of notification that your order was received. If they care, they will welcome the feedback.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am

....... I know what you are referring to here Andy ;

* I got a Thank You note in which I really appreciated , especially after laying down that kinda' $$$$ . I know it's hard but just be patient , Bob'll come through sooner or later. :wink:

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Andy, you could always just send a friendly email or make a phone call along the lines of "Hi there, I sent through payment for an item but i'm not sure if it made it through? Would you be able to confirm that it was processed?".
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:07 pm

thanks guys, I did do the emails/pm's asking if payment was received but still nothing after a week, so tried posting since sometimes folks dont always read PMs. I usually get one word replies from him, if at all, and in this case, nothing at all. I've had such great luck and communication with ebay sellers and other members here that this came out of the blue and was unexpected. Its like a salesman who asks if I can call them back later, I tell them I dont chase people down to give them my money, its supposed to be the other way around. :-)
thanks again for your input and advice
Andy

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 am

I think you do not have a problem. I would be out the same kind of money if I was wrong about Bob, but the guy obviously has many things on his plate.

He came through before, have patience, he will come through again. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:27 am

I have no doubt that I will receive the tank, as he is a long standing member of the forum. I guess my main point was I had just expected a friendly business transaction and communication like I have with most members here, and even with ebay. But in this case, it was just a cold transaction with no professional or business courtesy. In fact, I just received a confirmation of my payment in a PM this morning (now that Ive raised the issue), and still not even a simple "thanks". I know I probably expect too much, but in my business I make it a point to say "please", "thank you, etc. Then again, I was raised that way, and its a different world now.........OK, now I'm starting to breech over into "how did I get this old" thread ;-)

No harm, no foul, just need to lower my expectations :-)
Last edited by CW4USARMY on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 am

It's not an age problem CW, its a manners problem. This generation for some reason seems to forget that communication is key.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx