Stage Coach Toys, Bellbrook, OH

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Stage Coach Toys, Bellbrook, OH

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Took a side trip on the way back from a job in Dayton today to visit a shop I found on Craigslist called Stage Coach Toys in Bellbrook which is just southeast of Dayton. I was in sensory overload with the cool die cast and action figures as well as antique and vintage toys. I was able to purchase a 1/18 1951 VW Bug (with the split back window) which can easily be converted to a wartime Wermacht command car. :idea: Also got a 1/18 Citroen CV2 with which the same can be done. :wink: He had three 1/18 21st C figures, all German including an officer which I bought for $2 each :!: :shock: :!: . The VW and Citroen were $29.95 each but I have been looking for them both for a while so I wasn't going to leave without them. Won't be back up that way for a while. :( Out came the Mastercard :roll: . He had a good selection of Corgi 1/72 Legends WW2 planes and some small Corgi tanks and sets. Didn't have much time and I'm sure I didn't take it all in. If you live near the area it's worth checking out: http://www.stagecoachtoys.com

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Stage Coach Toys, Bellbrook, OH

Post by 456THBG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Wow, and I was in Dayton this week...I'll be back periodically, so I'll be sure to check these guys out!
Thanks for the heads-up!

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:05 pm

456THBG wrote:Wow, and I was in Dayton this week...I'll be back periodically, so I'll be sure to check these guys out!
Thanks for the heads-up!
I was also in the dayton area (Monroe) this week. I will have to remember to look them up on my next trip.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Axis Nightmare wrote:I was able to purchase a 1/18 1951 VW Bug (with the split back window) which can easily be converted to a wartime Wermacht command car.

Sure. All you have to do is change the bumpers, tail lights, license plate light and light casing, the tires, rims and hub caps, remove all traces of chrome moulding, remove the horn grilles under the headlights, change the pull handle on the trunk lid (that's the one in front - it turns to open rather than the push-button one on the '51), change the rearview mirror to a smaller oval shape, and make sure that of the two large dash plates to the left of the steering wheel the right most has the KDF emblem which the '51 obviously lacks. The '51 has a radio in place of the emblem.

As long as you don't display the engine lid open you won't have to worry about changing the engine to look authentic. The '51 and the Type 82E have VERY different air filters atop the carburetor, different fuel pumps, and distributors. Different gas tanks as well.

However, the bumpers and wheels are the most visible differences - the bumpers on the '51 did not exist during the '40s.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks for the advice :!:
O.K. Let's change that to a "challenge" to convert. :oops: At least it has a more advantageous starting point than the later 60's versions. I was thinking in relative terms compared to a couple of improvement projects I'm working on. If only my P-47 project was just that straight forward. I have a much bigger challenge improving the 1/18 Razorback P-47 to resemble the correct shapes and details including filling gaps and holes and reshaping canopy and fuselage components. The list is about double that of the VW.

Your knowledge of the VW is most impressive and greatly appreciated :)

The information you just provided probably saved me hours of research and will help me seeing the differences in photos I've seen that are not that clear.

Wonder what I'll be up against with the Citroen :?:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 am

Axis Nightmare wrote:
Your knowledge of the VW is most impressive and greatly appreciated :)
I've only owned VWs, and up until I lost my bus in a engine fire was a member of a few VW clubs.

So, yeah, I like to keep up on them.

You're on your own with the Citroen, though. :lol: