WTB more 1/18 and 1/6

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

WTB more 1/18 and 1/6

Post by sax5thave » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:30 am

I'm buying said military scales. Best if sold as a lot as I am a re-seller to some really serious collectors back here in the Philippines. Stuff offered will be shipped to my home in Minnesota.

Thanks so much.

Anthony
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: WTB more 1/18 and 1/6

Post by ram04 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Not to be rude, but your asking members to sell to you so you can in turn sell the items at a profit, kind of has a smell to me :roll:

I really don't think that this thread was for that purpose, correct me if I'm wrong :?

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:53 pm

ram04 wrote:Not to be rude, but your asking members to sell to you so you can in turn sell the items at a profit, kind of has a smell to me :roll:

I really don't think that this thread was for that purpose, correct me if I'm wrong :?

I agree !!! Most of us are in the hobby because we love the models, not to make a profit. I find it very difficult to respect re-sellers !!!!

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Excuse me guys, but Anthony has been around this board for a few years and has had some deals with our board members. If one of us wants to sell his collection, and gets what they feel is a fair deal, what do we care if he wants to make more money by reselling overseas?

After all, we don't have the overseas contacts Anthony has, so what's the problem?

Would you not sell to a reseller at all?

I say what do we care if everybody is happy with the deal. :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Did leave a bad taste but got to give him credit for being blunt honest about it. :!: No gray area here :wink:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 am

Was not expecting that. It seems that we do have some members here who are a bit edgy and loves to shoot from the hip. I don't think I am no different from other big shops who sell to you guys. I just happen to love the hobby and turned it into a money making enterprise so I can afford the things I want to buy, Not to mention that the ones I sell land on serious collectors home. Lets just mind each others business then shall we? And thanks for hijacking my thread and smearing my reputation. Rest assured that I will definitely not do this to others as you have taught me a great lesson today. Talk about hypocrisy here...

TTT. Thank you.

Anthony
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:22 am

I don't believe the big shops buy here and then turn around and sell here, I get the part where your buying items to sell else where so you can in turn buy for your own collection, it was just the way you worded it, and I was'nt trying to hi-jack any thread, if you had been following the forum you should have seen that there have been several offers to buy whole collections lately.

There was no evil intent on my part and I don't believe I tried to smear your reputation, so you can take it for what it is.

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 am

ram04 wrote:I don't believe the big shops buy here and then turn around and sell here, I get the part where your buying items to sell else where so you can in turn buy for your own collection, it was just the way you worded it, and I was'nt trying to hi-jack any thread, if you had been following the forum you should have seen that there have been several offers to buy whole collections lately.

There was no evil intent on my part and I don't believe I tried to smear your reputation, so you can take it for what it is.

Shame on you man. That's all I can say.. Shame on you. You hate to be rude yet you are rude. With what is already happening on the boards, yet you add fuel to the fire by putting malice on my words.. Shameless... Take my words for what it is.

PS:

Same goes to snakeman.. Shameless comment..

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

Dude, you do what you have to, there was no malice on my part, I just questioned how you stated you were looking for resell items, you do your thing, I'll do mine, sorry your so thin-skinned.

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:59 am

Snake Man wrote:
ram04 wrote:Not to be rude, but your asking members to sell to you so you can in turn sell the items at a profit, kind of has a smell to me :roll:

I agree !!! Most of us are in the hobby because we love the models, not to make a profit. I find it very difficult to respect re-sellers !!!!
So you just know what I do... before you rattle your tail and spit your venom.

Message subject: Re: Free or trade- Plan B WWII figures
Sent: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 am
To: flayrah

Hello,

Finally got the figures you sent me. Great timing since as you might not be aware, the southern part of the Philippines was devastated by a typhoon 10 days ago which left thousands homeless and almost 1000 dead and others still missing. I will be flying to that area as a volunteer. I have decided to sell the figures to a collector friend and will use the money to buy candies and food to give to kids to put a smile on their faces. Do know that you are a part of this endeavor. I will send you photos soon.

Happy New Year,

Anthony

-----------------------------------------

Message subject: Re: dolls
Sent: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:19 pm
To: mecanico23

I just read your reply to big sarge. Is it true that you use your collections to raise money for your family? I too come from a relatively poor country ( The Philippines ) and I know what it is to have nothing. If that is the case, send me your address and I will send you the 1/6 pilot clothing for FREE. Maybe you can get hold of some Brazilian Air Force stickers/decals and send me some later.
Last edited by sax5thave on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 am

ram04 wrote:Dude, you do what you have to, there was no malice on my part, I just questioned how you stated you were looking for resell items, you do your thing, I'll do mine, sorry your so thin-skinned.
And sorry you are extremely narrow minded. Quite a let down if I may add.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:43 am

what's up with the high and mighty BS around here recently? Didn't we just get done (hopefully) with a publisized whinefest concerning a spitfire someone didn't get to buy.. who's so caught up in their chinese toys that they have to bring some high falluting principle into a rather normal request? I bought some planes out of a collection a few years back for 20.00 a piece (the previous owners son was fine with that and about what the stuff was selling for) and made the mistake of crowing a little bit about it and got to listen to some BS about that. Save the principle BS for seminary school-

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 am

Seriously, who gives a hot s&#t what someone does with them after you sell them? If you both got what you wanted then that is the end of it.

How do you even know people you've sold to in the past haven't turned around and resold the item(s) without you knowing? What if you sold to someone who promptly blew them up with firecrackers for some stupid youtube video?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 am

First off, I was'nt trying to turn this in to anything, I just thought it odd to come on the board looking for lots of items to resell, to as he put it be able to buy more for his collection, hey what ever, all I said it was odd for someone to do this, now I'm caught up in this thing that I'm against this guy and what not, which isn't true, but if you want to carry this on I can hang right with you, I really believe I must have touched a nerve or something.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Uh-oh, someone's feeling picked on- easy big fella !!!: :P :P :P :P

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Ram04 and I have smoked the peace pipe. All is good now. We can all move along and enjoy the hobby.

Thanks to everyone and Mabuhay!

Anthony

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 pm

mikeg:

Get the story straight!

I don't give a s**t about the Spitfire or these as you called them Chinese toys. I jist said what I did to give Kevin a very hard time like I plan to do to everyone. I'm going to be a forum plauge! So depart that thought out of your brain!

I have decided to be everyone's big problem on this forum. Again I hope I get banned! So aferguson go for it! Do it man! Show your guts! Nobody really actually cares!

sax5thsave....Did you honestly expect anything different from this crew here? I didn't. Same crap that goes on all the time, same complaining, crying, yapping and whatever you want to call it. Good luck with your business or whatever it is.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:
I jist said what I did to give Kevin a very hard time like I plan to do to everyone.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm

what do you plan to do about it
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Oh for crying out loud. You guys need to seriously just sort it out. The reason why this forum is sometimes a horrible place is because WE make it that way. If you don't like the crap, DON'T ADD TO IT. Seriously. :evil:
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:what do you plan to do about it
Same as you.

Nothing.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Aw c'mon Corey, how can you hold a grudge against someone who gave you a 144th dauntless, old buddy, old pal.

You hadn't got married or something, have you? I used to be nice and pleasant, too.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm pretty sure that once the money and the item has traded hands, the seller can do whatever he/she wants to do with the money and the buyer can do whatever he/she wants to do with the item.

We need to take a step back and relax as well. :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Well,as much i like to see everyone get along in this forum.seems to me that when some one gives his point of view or opinion on something.Some one else disagree,and bad communication start this way.
This is a forum and we are entitled to our personal opinion.
We must respect other opinion even if we disagree.
We can answer back if we disagree about another members opinion,but we should not get to much carried away by emotions that even takes us off the subject of the post.
Yes in part i hate to see things getting sold to someone before they are even posted.Not even giving us the chance to be offer to the members.It is a little unfair to the members that comes to this "Buy,sell trade"section every day.
The man was honest about his business,he could have said it was for his personal collection.
I myself had bought particular lots here.but just like every one,i wait to the item gets post.
I have bought a lot with the intention to get a few particular pieces,but it turns out that the other stuff that i already have i had to resell it.

What i think will be more fair for everyone is to wait until the members put there adds on the "buy sell trade"section,and who ever want to buy it,buy it.
If we don't do that pretty soon we will have more people posting adds to buy collections because they will know that they will get first bid before anyone else.

snake

Post by snake » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Who really cares what the buyer does with the models, after they are sold.

As long as the seller is happy with the price, that should be the end of the story.

sax5thave was honest about his plans for the models, and if he makes a profit by helping out collectors in the Philippine's, that is fine by me. A win/win for both parties.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but many sellers on this forum will only ship to US addresses, and certainly not overseas. Many Ebay sellers do the same thing. Which is their choice, but does limit their potential buyer pool. I know for a fact that it is very hard for collectors in some of these countries to have models sent to them from Ebay, or other sources.

So, from my perspective, sax5thave is helping collectors who have a tough time getting stuff sent to them, and if he makes a little money doing so, so be it.

Bottom line. If the seller is happy with the price, that is all that should matter.