Battleground Toys on eBay!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Battleground Toys on eBay!

Post by grunt1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey gang,

I put a Pak 36 kit up there to get the store rolling. It's really low with only 2 bids so if you want one but didn't want to pay retail this may be a way to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180849748475?ss ... 1558.l2649

Grunt
Last edited by grunt1 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Battlegroud Toys on eBay!

Post by Aslav » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm

U.S. sales only ?.
No International sales ?.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 am

G1, you gotta sell internationally. Shipping will be cheap because these items are small and you'll get way more bids if you do. Don't let all the horror stories about scammers deter you. I've had more scams pulled on me by US buyers than international buyers over the years on ebay.

And some more advice: always set your minimum bid to whatever amount is the minimum you'll accept for an item. Ebay buyer traffic is too lousy these days to rely on low starting bid items getting bid up high....those days are long gone, especially on items like this that most people don't even know exist and thus wont' be searching for.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 am

Great advise on both fronts. I'll make these changes for the next set of items that I post!
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 am

to be honest G1, i would do it this way.

Don't sell with auctions. Sell with fixed price. Set the price at the minimum you'll accept, or higher and have a few available for sale, say 3. That way, it looks like a business rather than a one off fluke item.

And i would list all the stuff battleground has at once...again it makes you look like a going concern and you may well get multiple purchases from one buyer, who can also benefit from combined shipping.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Re: Battleground Toys on eBay!

Post by grunt1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Hey aferg, so it took me a long time but I finally got the store done. :-) And it mostly complies with your original feedback. I need to update all of the items with quantities, but most of them have it now.

For those of you that were concerned about the printing process itself, please know that these items are literally on shelf staring at me so they are ready to rock.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/battlegroundtoys/m.html

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Battleground Toys on eBay!

Post by flayrah » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Very nice items! And you're smart by including a variety of prices (something for every budget!) and 'completeness', not all add-ons but including items that could be used immediately.

AV-8B Driver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AV-8B Driver » Sun May 01, 2016 1:25 pm

aferguson wrote:G1, you gotta sell internationally. Shipping will be cheap because these items are small and you'll get way more bids if you do. Don't let all the horror stories about scammers deter you. I've had more scams pulled on me by US buyers than international buyers over the years on ebay.

And some more advice: always set your minimum bid to whatever amount is the minimum you'll accept for an item. Ebay buyer traffic is too lousy these days to rely on low starting bid items getting bid up high....those days are long gone, especially on items like this that most people don't even know exist and thus wont' be searching for.
Yes.. I've sold item overseas for more than can be generated in the US, and I've never been scammed on overseas purchases... Shipping charges prevent this.
We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way.. Baa... BAA ..baa..