Takara 1:700 Scale Cross-Sectional JMSDF Kongo-Class DDGs

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
gavman
Corporal
Corporal

Takara 1:700 Scale Cross-Sectional JMSDF Kongo-Class DDGs

Post by gavman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:56 am

Image Image

Released as the Takara Ships of the World Aimless Aegis Edition Sengoku Version, these 1:700 scale cross-sectional JMSDF Kongo-Class Guided Missile Destroyers are licensed products for the Japanese live-action Aimless Aegis movie (http://aegis.goo.ne.jp/index.html), which in turn was based on a novel that became a manga (comic book).

A total of three (3) ships can be compiled from the nine (9) unit boxes that are in each display case box (3 x 3-matrix). The ships are the fictional DDG-175 Isokaze and the real-life DDG-174 Kirishima and -175 Myoko. So, there are two (2) different Section 1s with "175" and "174" markings on the bow. All of the ships share the same Section 2. All of the Section 3 sterns are different, as they have the name of the ship in Japanese printed on them. However, it is easier to identify the Section 3s by their accompanying accessory: 1) Isokaze: F-2 Fighter; 2) Kirishima: SH-60J Helicopter; and 3) Myoko: UH-60J Helicopter.

Although these plastic models are pre-assembled and pre-painted, they're not finished, and will require minor assembly of detail parts that will need to be cut loose from a sprue tree. Placards for the display stands and Japanese flags can also be cut out of the full-color information/assembly sheets that come in each unit box.

Besides the novelty of the cross-sections, these models also have cutaway features.

I have nine (9) of these destroyers for sale at US$17.95 each:

3 x Isokaze
3 x Kirishima
3 x Myoko

All of the sealed unit boxes have been opened and inspected. They have been resealed with 3M Removable Magic Tape, which has the adhesive used on their Post-it Notes and shouldn't damage the printing on the boxes. Additionally, I've placed white removable labels over the UPC barcodes so that I can easily distinguish the boxes from one another.

I'll be taking PayPal and Money Orders for these transactions and will quote you shipping via USPS and UPS Ground. If you buy a round lot (complete set) of three (3) ships from me, I'll send them in their original display case packaging for your amusement!

If you are interested in buying one or more of these models, please PM me with the following information:

a) Do you want the Isokaze, Kirishima, Myoko, or a combination thereof?

b) How are you planning on paying for your purchase? If it's via PayPal, you or I will need to exchange an e-mail address to send or receive money. If it's by Money Order, I will provide a mailing address where payment can be sent.

c) Where will I be shipping your model? When you provide me with a delivery address, I will quote you for the additional shipping charges through these carriers: USPS and UPS Ground. Since UPS Ground does charge extra for delivery to a residential address, when you give me your delivery address, please indicate whether it is a residence vs. a commercial/business address, so that this particular quote will be as accurate as possible.

Happy Collecting!
- Gavin
Slave to the Tyranny of the Rhythm

Honey, I Shrunk the Military!
[url=http://www.shrink-o-rama.com]Shrink-O-Rama.com[/url]
[i]A resource for collectors of Military Candy Toys & Trading Miniatures[/i]

oberstengel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Takara Ships

Post by oberstengel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:12 pm

Do you have any US Navy Ships in this series?
oberstengel

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Takara Ships

Post by Teamski » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:29 pm

oberstengel wrote:Do you have any US Navy Ships in this series?
oberstengel

Unfortunately, they don't. So far, they only have the Yamato class battleships and the Kongo Guided Missle Destroyers. Next, they will have the Yahagi class cruisers from WWII, so you can see that they are pretty much Japanese-centric. Hopefully, they will have some ships from other countries sometime in the future. I know I would be interested in more WWII ships, no matter what the nationality!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

gavman
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Takara Ships

Post by gavman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:54 am

oberstengel wrote:Do you have any US Navy Ships in this series?
oberstengel
Given that Candy Toys/Trading Miniatures are intended to be sold inexpensively in Japanese convenience stores, there is a certain bias towards the subjects presented. That being said, the Kongos are the second set of ships to be offered in the cross-sectional format. The cross-sectional format exists because candy toy boxes are all relatively the same size, so to be able to sell larger ships in 1:700 scale, they have to be "run through the band saw" into various pieces.

Again, since the unit boxes are somewhat standardized, smaller ships in 1:700 scale CAN fit in a single candy toy box. Which is why Takara makes a lot of submarines and has recently done (whole, NOT cross-sectional) destroyers in this scale. While I don't have any of the WW2-era U.S. destroyers from the Ships of the World Lorelei Edition (released in conjunction with a live-action Japanese WW2 alternative history movie of the same name), I should have some U.S. submarines from Series 03 and 04 available, as soon as I get around to cataloging what I have.

- Gavin

gavman
Corporal
Corporal

Post by gavman » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:24 pm

Price Changes (not including shipping/handling):

a) Buy any single ship for $17.95
b) Buy any two (2) ships for $33.95 ($1.95 Discount)
c) Buy a complete set of three (3) ships for $47.95 ($5.90 Discount)

- Gavin

gavman
Corporal
Corporal

Post by gavman » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Stock Status:

1 x Isokaze
1 x Kirishima
1 x Myoko

- Gavin