Need a few Mustang P51's (that are impossible to find...)

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
jlb911c
Private First Class
Private First Class

Need a few Mustang P51's (that are impossible to find...)

Post by jlb911c » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi I am new here.
We have 3 real mustang P51's in my family and that started the 1:18 hobby. 1 Thunder and 2 regular kit mustangs. The Thunder has a nascar V12 and the regular ones have tuned Corvette V8's. The Thunder is a monster - 640 hp Falconer V-12. Stand still to airborne in 6 seconds. Rate of Climb at sea level -5,200 fpm. Top speed 380 kts. (437 mph). The wildest ride you could ever imagine...

I know these on my wanted list are prototypes and it is a shot in the dark but if you own one of these and will consider selling in the future please contact me.

Sweet Arlene
Nuthin but Trouble
Passion Wagon
21414 - Series ? - P-51 Mustang - RAAF 77 Squadron - BCOF (British Commonwealth Occupational Forces) - Silver - Australian Exclusive

I have all the other P51's released in 1:18.

Can someone point out the differences between the following two releases?
Difference between 10100 - Series 3 - P-51D Mustang - Big Beautiful Doll (Original Release) and 10184 - Series 4 - P-51D Mustang - Big Beautiful Doll (Second Release)

BTW I am the nut the bought the Tender Terror on Ebay this week. I think it was a good deal for the price considering how rare it is. (And my wife does not know what I paid...)

Thanks for any help.

J

killer 88s
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Need a few Mustang P51's (that are impossible to find...

Post by killer 88s » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Welcome to the board! The original big beautiful doll was released using the 1st mold. The second release uses the retooled mold that is more detailed and has additional features like working wing flaps. Do you have any pics of your mustangs?
Trade Ref: der Vogelfänger, STUKA, wreckchaser, hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, YT, Krevix44, [CAT]CplSlade, Delta Team, ww2collecter, evilanimation, Grilledcheese, AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:40 am

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your collecting. Mustangs aren't the only planes. They have to have someone to chase. :lol:

Eric

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 am

Welcome aboard.....

The BBI RAAF Mustangs appear every now and then on Ebay, but the 1of 1 and 2 of 2 special Comic Con prizes will most likely never see the light of day on the open market. If they are a must have, then a custom (whether done by yourself or a commissioned one) will most likely be quicker and cheaper. There are many contacts here from people/places to get decals or the whole turn-key project. Just my $.02. which every you do, best wishes to you and your mission.

Kris

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Welcome to the forum, jlb911c.

Very cool to have three "actual" Mustangs. 8) Do you fly them yourself?

And congrats on getting "Tender Terror".

In regards to the other P-51's that you are looking for, I would think that getting some customs done would be your best bet. :D

Would love to see some pics of your Thunder Stangs.

jlb911c
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jlb911c » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I will probably go with custom one's to try and complete the collection. I am hoping they will release passion wagon after all the hype. It is a pretty nice one.

Attached are 3 pics of the real deal. The first two are corvette v8 powered and the last is the Thunder mustang that got the v12. These pictures are old. The v12 is being installed in the Thunder this week. They belong to my 2 younger brothers that are both ex military and now commercial pilots. I plan to fly them later in 2011.

Sorry cannot figure out how to attach a picture here! I should I write software for a living...

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Please note:

YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER ON THIS FORUM FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BEFORE YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN ANY B/S/T'S. ALL BST ATTEMPTS BY MEMBER ID'S OF LESS THAN SIX MONTHS WILL BE DELETED AND IF ATTEMPTS PERSIST THE ID WILL BE CANCELLED AND ALL ASSOCIATED IP'S BLOCKED. NO EXCEPTIONS. PERIOD. Even after this time it doesn't gaurantee that someone is not dishonest, so continue to follow the trade guidelines and be careful.

THE SIX MONTH RULE WILL BE RIGIDLY ADHERED TO. IF YOU FIND YOUR B/S/T POST IS GONE, THAT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN AN ACTIVE BOARD MEMBER FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS.
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]