1/18 F-18 Hornet Red Devils and F-16 Wolfpack

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

1/18 F-18 Hornet Red Devils and F-16 Wolfpack

Post by dcmacharlie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm

I have in 1/18 the F-18 Hornet Red Devils and F-16 Wolfpack I do not have the original boxes sorry ,they have been taken out and displayed in my spare bedroom with my collection of WW2 aircraft, never played with, smoke free house, I would be willing to sell together or separate, had them on E bay for 400.00 for both with 50.00 shipping, willing to come down a little,if you send me a email ill send you pic of them, ill try and add pic on this post also if I can figure how to, both have pilots and the 16 has the ladder also, both gears are excellent and the airplanes are in excellent shape, on a separate note I have 3, F 86 also willing to sell, the admiral model f-86E Patricia II, HuffF86F and the F86 Jolly Roger, all are with out boxes displayed only , reason for selling, just got no room and need some extra money , we have all been there, if you need more information just ask and if you send me a email ill send some pic to you of what ever you would like to see
Last edited by dcmacharlie on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: 1/18 F-18 Hornet Red Devils and F-16 Wolfpack

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:12 am

PM sent on the Red Devil.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 am

How much for the Huff?

Rudy

formerblueangel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by formerblueangel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 pm

dcmacharlie wrote:I have in 1/18 the F-18 Hornet Red Devils and F-16 Wolfpack I do not have the original boxes sorry ,they have been taken out and displayed in my spare bedroom with my collection of WW2 aircraft, never played with, smoke free house, I would be willing to sell together or separate, had them on E bay for 400.00 for both with 50.00 shipping, willing to come down a little,if you send me a email ill send you pic of them, ill try and add pic on this post also if I can figure how to, both have pilots and the 16 has the ladder also, both gears are excellent and the airplanes are in excellent shape, on a separate note I have 3, F 86 also willing to sell, the admiral model f-86E Patricia II, HuffF86F and the F86 Jolly Roger, all are with out boxes displayed only , reason for selling, just got no room and need some extra money , we have all been there, if you need more information just ask and if you send me a email ill send some pic to you of what ever you would like to see
Sir,
I contacted you about these things on Monday via Ebay, and you replied back with this:
In a message dated 11/22/2010 4:01:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

What is your zip code we checked on 33010 in Fl and is was 80 per box for ups

and usps was 108 per box and their is two so shipping was way more than we

estimated.

I replied back with my zip code and never heard from you again. Then you turned around and posted them on that Small Scale HQ Forum Monday night without ever getting back to me on what the shipping would be to my Zip Code I provided Monday afternoon. I was more than willing to take them both off your hands plus whatever shipping was. I even sent you pictures of the box one of mine came in an attempt to help you out with a shipping option, with no reply from you. Well, I am no longer interested in dealing with you. I'd highly recommend everyone else on this forum avoid you as you're unreliable and don't follow through. Good Day!

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 pm

we checked on 33010 in Fl and is was 80 per box for ups...
No way it would cost $80 to ship by UPS unless it's made of lead... :lol:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 pm

formerblueangel
Formerblueangel cut me some slack
I just returned from California attending a funeral and have just gotten on the computer to answer some of my e mails, I did get your e mail and was going to answer you as soon I I got off of the forum, sorry you feel that way I am really not trying to cheat anyone or mislead anyone, I have checked with my daughter about shipping with her through the company she works with and she is going to let me know how much it will cost, again sorry if you felt I was not getting back to you things come up that I had not control over and I could not get back to you until today carlos

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Sorry guys
I just returned from California, I had a funeral to attend and I have just opened my e mail ill try and answer all of them before turkey is served, ill also try and get some pic attached if there are anymore questions please ask I do not plan on going anyplace for a few days, one thing ,a guy after the bid was over on e bay from Florida asked if I would take a little off the shipping and after I measured the boxes they were 40 by 24 by 12 inches the mail wanted 108 per box and FedEx wanted 80 per box so I am working on a deal with my daughter to maybe ship from where she works about half as much anyway I am going to my e mails and try and answer them.

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:30 pm

You say it should not cost that much

Well I called Ups and the mail service gave them the dimensions of the boxes 40 by 24 by 12 and a weight of about 10 pounds and then said it was 108 each box from the mail services and FedEx was 80 each box, I was shocked so as I said im trying to work something . i checked with gray hound also and they were half as much, but im a little worred about them because of the way they mignt handle the box, this was all the way to Florida so that might have somthing to do with it.
I must say some the members need to mellow out and realize that other things are going on with our lives and we sometimes can not get to a computer for personnel reasons, not because we do not want to deal with them. im really not a bad guy

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:08 pm

pic of the 16 and the 18Image

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:30 am

I would try to break it up into smaller parts and get the smallest box for it you can. Those dimensions and weight are killing it. That is a correct quote for that size box to the east coast. Kind of outrageous but the calculator showed $96 bucks to Cincinnati. You should be able to ship it for half that somehow.

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:17 am

toyktdlgh
Sir Thank you for the suggestion for shipping, I did not want to take the aircraft apart being the less you mess with them I figured the better, I did fold up the wings made it a little smaller with the width, and took off the outside rockets, I decided to ship in two boxes incase I had sold them individually, I tried fed x Ups and the regular mail and the cheapest I found was 80.00 but like I said that was to Florida all the way across the U.S. The Florida guy got upset with me because he felt I did not respond to him in a timely manner but I was on the road early Tuesday and did not get home till very late wed and got on my computer in the morning on Thursday to answer any e mails from the group, the post for the aircraft on E bay was on my wife’s account since she sells and buys stuff all the time so any correspondence had to go through her and being busy and driving to California she would say to me that she had a message for the aircraft and what did I want to do, I told her I would wait until I got back from the funeral and would deal with it then, and the reason I posted to this forum for the sale of these aircraft was I figured if I did not sell the birds to the Florida guy because it cost so much for shipping I might be able to sell to someone on this forum, should have just started on this forum and not messed with e bay, lessoned learned, anyway I do have a couple of guys interested in the 18 and if the Florida guy does not answer my PM, where I tried to explain what happened, ill just deal with them, im not a flake and do try and answer in a timely manner and have dealt with some of you before both selling and buying, Florida guy should try driving to California with my mother (85) in the front seat with her dog, who upchucked twice on the trip and my wife in the back seat giving me driving directions the whole way , lots of fun.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:17 pm

I have sent and received these same aircraft for much less than the numbers used here. Both of these planes do come apart in the middle and it does NO DAMAGE to the plane when you separate both halves. You can easily take all the external parts off and put them in zip-lock bags which will protect them. Use packing peanuts and all will be safe. I do wrap both ends of aircraft in bubble wrap to avoid scraping. I have a F-16 here to ship and here is the size of box it fits in.
22x15x6
I also have a boxed F-18 that was sold in the Canadian Market that did not come in window box. BBI sold them in cardboard boxes with the plane seperated in half. Do not be afraid to do that. I guarantee it saves a heck of a lot on shipping as most members on this board can attest to. If you send it in one piece, you will definately get dinged for a hefty shipping charge.
JOC

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Thank you JOC for the information, nice of you to write

snake

Post by snake » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

dcmacharlie wrote:toyktdlgh
Sir Thank you for the suggestion for shipping, I did not want to take the aircraft apart being the less you mess with them I figured the better, I did fold up the wings made it a little smaller with the width, and took off the outside rockets, I decided to ship in two boxes incase I had sold them individually, I tried fed x Ups and the regular mail and the cheapest I found was 80.00 but like I said that was to Florida all the way across the U.S. The Florida guy got upset with me because he felt I did not respond to him in a timely manner but I was on the road early Tuesday and did not get home till very late wed and got on my computer in the morning on Thursday to answer any e mails from the group, the post for the aircraft on E bay was on my wife’s account since she sells and buys stuff all the time so any correspondence had to go through her and being busy and driving to California she would say to me that she had a message for the aircraft and what did I want to do, I told her I would wait until I got back from the funeral and would deal with it then, and the reason I posted to this forum for the sale of these aircraft was I figured if I did not sell the birds to the Florida guy because it cost so much for shipping I might be able to sell to someone on this forum, should have just started on this forum and not messed with e bay, lessoned learned, anyway I do have a couple of guys interested in the 18 and if the Florida guy does not answer my PM, where I tried to explain what happened, ill just deal with them, im not a flake and do try and answer in a timely manner and have dealt with some of you before both selling and buying, Florida guy should try driving to California with my mother (85) in the front seat with her dog, who upchucked twice on the trip and my wife in the back seat giving me driving directions the whole way , lots of fun.
Feel your frustration, dcmacharlie.

And the suggestions to take the aircraft apart are right on the money. If you don't want to seperate the fuselage, even removing the wings, stabilizers and tail on the F-16, will greatly reduce the volume of the package. Put any of the smaller parts into zip lock bags, and pack everything in styrofoam peanuts. The model will arrive in as good a shape as when it was sent. :wink:

To put the shipping in perspective. I have many F-16's and F-18's, and most of these were shipped from the US. Around $40 shipped to Canada, via USPS.

Hope this info helps, dcmacharlie.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:16 am

dcmacharlie wrote:Thank you JOC for the information, nice of you to write
PM sent.

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dcmacharlie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 am

Hi all i have sold the F18 to a member that had PM me first, The F16 is still available and ill be posting it with pic when I get the chance, thank all who showed interest Carlos