Bad e-Bay Buyer, Watch This Guy redtimestory

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bad e-Bay Buyer, Watch This Guy redtimestory

Post by memaddog » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:02 pm

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this guy. I've been on e-Bay since 1998, and never had a negative-feed back until a couple days ago. This guy won an auction, got the tank. He e-mailed me and said it arrived without a probblem, but there were some parts that had been glued by an expert and ask me about them. I told him that 21st Century Toys had quality issues on alot of their products and that was the way I got it out of the box, all true statements. So this guy e-mailed me back and ask how I could make this up to him as a dammaged item issue. $$$$$$$$$$$$. I e-mailed him back and told him that I could not and that he had refussed to get it insured and that I had taken alot of pictures and had them enlarged and my description was "Sold As Is so bid accordingly with no returns".
So this guy e-mails me back and says he'll watch for more of my actions, then leaves me a negative feed-back.
WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! What a Guy!!!!
So my point is, if this guy bids on any of your stuff, you should delete his bid and put him on your blocked bidder list! Bad News!!!!
I will not be Blacked Mailed and don't want to see any of you guys done that way either!! He is redtimestory on e-bay.
memaddog

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:16 pm

This seems to be a trend on ebay which is why I left. That and the paypal requirement. I also visit a couple of 1/18 diecast car sites and this kind of blackmail from other buyers, is being reported there also.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up, he's now on my BB list, the "hall of shame" as I like to call it... 8) I feel your pain, and I've had similar experiences but have always managed to avoid a Neg, usually by tossing them a bone so to speak, usually in the form of a $5 "partial refund" which I personally consider to be extortion, on the other hand once it's settled I put them on my BB list and that's the end of it. BTW, you can't neg him, but you can reply to his neg, just keep it short and unemotional and you should be fine, one neg is not likely to affect you all that much in the long run. BTW, I saw the pics of your tank and it looked pretty dang nice to me. Thanks again for posting the guys name.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 pm

memaddog,
That SUCKS, IMHO. I have run across guys like this that cry foul when there really isn't any to cry about and holding you hostage over your spotless feedback.
I am really sorry that he did that to you and thanks for the heads up. Maybe down the road Ebay will wake up and figure out these clowns are ruining it for the rest of us.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Could go either way!! (no homo)

Post by evilanimation » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:49 pm

You just have to be careful and say used!! But I read your description and I think you are in the right. Though I have gotten items before that had issues not mentioned in the description and i was pissed before. Ebay is the devil!!

vaindioux
Corporal
Corporal

Bad ebayer

Post by vaindioux » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 am

Hi

I am about to put some 1/32 tanks on Ebay and I appreciate the heads up.
I added him to my non bidder list.

Thanks

Patrick

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

I just added him to my bidder block list. Thanks for the warning!