Wanted! F-86F Mitch's Squitch

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Wanted! F-86F Mitch's Squitch

Post by Spudkopf » Tue May 19, 2009 5:12 am

G’day All

I know that this is a long shot and quite possibly unlikely, but is there a 21stCT F-86F “Mitch's Squitch” a out there for sale!
(I would consider a “Mig Mad Mavis” if no luck with the above as a second preference, however just not that interested in the “Huff”)

Please let me know directly here or PM me with the details, would most likely be a straight sale, but if at all interested I do also have some 1/6th dragon stuff for trade if that’s what you'd prefer.

Waiting in earnest.
Last edited by Spudkopf on Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Tue May 19, 2009 5:25 am

I dont remember Mig Mad Mavis ever being released. Only the Squitch and the Huff.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue May 19, 2009 5:42 am

G'day ExC17load

Thanks for the info.

If "Mitch's Squitch" and the "Huff" are my only F-86F options, then I may just have to re-think the "Huff as a possible second preference after all, I guess something is better than nothing and I could always re-paint a “Huff” to something I like if worst comes to worst.
SPUD

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Tue May 19, 2009 6:17 am

G'Day, been a long time since I was last down under, probably close to 1999 or 2000.

I wish the Mig Mad Mavis was released and hoping that JSI will do it.

The Huff really isnt that bad, in my opinion. The Squitch is the only F-86 I dont have and that was because the design seemed really basic to me.

Plus, I did the Huff as a model a long time ago as a teen, so it was a bit nolstagic.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Mitch's Squitch

Post by JOC » Tue May 19, 2009 7:10 am

PM sent from Pacific NW. Squich and Huff here.
JOC

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue May 19, 2009 3:08 pm

JOC
PM returned.

ExC17load
Don’t get me wrong the "Huff" is a great looking and striking piece of artwork, however I personally (with some JV44 exceptions) prefer the more mundane or generic schemes as I am usually thinking about possible custom options and the “Mitch’s Squitch” version would require far less work to take it back to the base marking than the “Huff” would if that is the path I choose to take. As for not being down here for almost 10 years, then its about high time you headed on back, beer's still cold.
SPUD

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 pm

My local Hobbytown USA store has two "Mitch's Squitch" F-86s left. They are in the $60-$70 USD price range.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Admiral?

Post by parrish333 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Don't forget the different Admiral Toys F-86 schemes. And didn't they do an all-silver version just for this type of reason?

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Admiral?

Post by Spudkopf » Tue May 19, 2009 7:04 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:My local Hobbytown USA store has two "Mitch's Squitch" F-86s left. They are in the $60-$70 USD price range.
G'day T-man

Looks like I may have picked one up on eBay for US$39 (excluding shipping) as long as everything goes through right.

parrish333 wrote:Don't forget the different Admiral Toys F-86 schemes. And didn't they do an all-silver version just for this type of reason?
G’day parrish333

I will be getting an AT F-86E some time in the future (just might hold out and get that naked women one) but I'm also wanting the F-86F as this was the ultimate Korean War warrior with the redesigned non slated wings and beefier engine (See I've been doing my research, last week I could not tell an A model from an F model, but now I know many of the subtle differences) .
SPUD

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 19, 2009 7:30 pm

You've made a good choice with the 21c F-86F. It is generally more accurate than the AT version and more of a model. It has neat features such as the opening gun bays, seatbelts, etc. plus the deep intake and tailpipe. It is also quite sturdy in construction, despite all the working features.

The AT F-86A has a less detailed cockpit (though they did get the gunsight exactly right, which the 21c plane did not) and has overall fewer working features. Also the intake and exhaust pipe are not deep. The AT plane is more toyish than the 21c plane in terms of the sculpting, though it does have excellent paint work.

Really, though, both planes do compliment each other and display well together, so one can get both without feeling like they have exact duplicates of the same plane.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Tue May 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Spud,
I understand now why you wanted the Squitch. I myself would kill to be able to do some of the customs that I have seen here, especially the ones Aferg has done. I can only imagine how nice it is to be able to do new repaints and not actually having to wait for them to be released.

Good luck on finding one and doing the repaint!