TRADING BOARD Manners

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

TRADING BOARD Manners

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi all,
I am a little frustrated recently by the lack of manners some of our fellow board members show in trading on our board.

I look at our Buy/Sell/Trade board as a unique and wonderful privilege that each member can participate in. When I make a deal with someone, I try to:
-Follow through on my end of the deal
-Send a money order or pay via paypal as soon as possible
-As securely as possible - box up my end of the deal
-Send out my packages with delivery confirmation and try to rely that information back to the other member involved in my trade
-COMMUNICATE!
-Treat people in the manner YOU wish to be treated -plain and simple

I would hope that anyone I trade with can follow the list above.

If YOU can't do a trade, let the person know as soon as possible and don't leave him or her hanging.

If someone can't live by these simple and curteous manners, then IMHO should NOT participate in our Buy/Sell/Trade board.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:18 am

I agree with you Razor. Manners are certainly needed!

Maintaining communication is the most important part when conducting a transaction. If one party in a trade or sale is not going to be able to communicate with another, they need to let them know! Further, messages need to be clearly written! Vague messages leave a lot to be desired and provide a sense of insecurity on my end as I feel like I'm not getting the full story.

I also can't stress part about securely packing the item enough. There's been a couple times where I got an item and it was essentially rattling around in the shipping box, or in one case the item was damaged because it was not adequately protected. I always make sure to find a box that fits the item and pack it in as secure as possible. Saving old shipping boxes, bubblewrap and packing peanuts usually helps with this!

Also, when PM-ing a boardmember about and item they may have found, please do so politely! Pleases and thank yous are absolutely necessary! Also, don't make over-the-top demands. That boardmember is taking time out of their schedule, so politeness matters. I once got asked flatly, "I need each one of such-and-such item. Can you get them for me?" in a PM a while back. It sort of put me off, and I didn't even have each one of that item in my area. I went through with the trade with what I could find, but wasn't very willing about it.

Conversely, for those members picking up an item for trade, try to choose the best possible item to go to the other member. What I mean is send them the plane, tank or other item that has the fewest paintflaws and defects. We all like to get nice things - and I always ensure that the people I trade with do! If my selection is limited, I do let the other member know that the item is not quite perfect. Sometimes, however, you cannot catch everything :wink:

Nevertheless, despite what I've said above, 98% of the trades I've done on the board have been very positive experiences and I've developed good trading relations with several boardmembers with whom I conduct transactions regularly. As Razor said, this trade forum is a privelege, so lets continue to use it wisely :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

* TRADING ON HERE * ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 am

"Hey Mark" ..... Did you ever find out about your sour deal w/ Steelbonnet - :?:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

digger

SB

Post by digger » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 am

That wasn't a sour deal. That was a theft.

MG-42

* TRADING ON HERE * ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:27 am

"Well" ,............ Since it's blatent theft now ,.. why is'nt somebody that's dealt w/ him , do something about it then ?

Mitch v MG

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:30 am

Steelbonnet.
Sour deal, indeed.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

digger

well

Post by digger » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:37 am

why is'nt somebody that's dealt w/ him , do something about it then
I called Scotland yard and not much came of it so I'm saving up for a ticket to England.. :roll:

MG-42

well - figures

Post by MG-42 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:26 am

That's just the kind of response I expected. :roll:

* If members can go after BoB Hughs , then why's Steelbonnet any different ? ... Because he lives in the UK ? ... Sheesh !

Mitch v MG

gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: TRADING BOARD Manners

Post by gary1930 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 am

Razor17019 wrote: If YOU can't do a trade, let the person know as soon as possible and don't leave him or her hanging.
I agree.
When somebody goes to the trouble of digging something out, taking pictures, and sending an email, the least you can do is a two word note saying "no thanks".

Rowsdower

Re: TRADING BOARD Manners

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Send a money order or pay via paypal as soon as possible
I agree with that. I hate waiting for days after someone agrees to buy something and checking PayPal to find no payment. If you can't pay until X date, let the seller know before you commit!
Razor17019 wrote: If YOU can't do a trade, let the person know as soon as possible and don't leave him or her hanging.
Thats another good one.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: well - figures

Post by cruizin2000 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:29 am

MG-42 wrote: That's just the kind of response I expected. :roll:

* If members can go after BoB Hughs , then why's Steelbonnet any different ? ... Because he lives in the UK ? ... Sheesh !

Mitch v MG
Plain and simple - money, time, and resources. If someone wants to PM me his info, I'll see what I can do. I'm not up on British laws though.

C2000
Attack!!!!