Member '1:18 Pathfinder' is banned from Trading

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

?

Post by digger » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:06 pm

cruizin2000 wrote:Bob Hughes
3516 Wynfield Dr.
Richmond, IN 47374-8307
Anyone actually send to this address?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:13 pm

i sent to everything on there except the street was 919 1/2 south 7th street

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:49 pm

just called that number
got a guy named bob hughes..
claims he doesnt know anything about this situation..
wtf?!
somebody else wanna call..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 pm

i wonder if this crook works for the post offce, picks other people's addresses and has some way of intercepting the packages destined for the address he has chosen.

Or the guy on the phone could just have been lying.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:59 pm

'Hi. I think I might have the wrong number, who is this?'

'Who ya lookin for'

'Bob Hughes'

'ya found im'

'Allright this is Michael Ravitsky are you aware of some events going on online at this time'

'Nope'

{asked some other questions]
(no no no)

'Then if you're not the guy im looking for it means your identity has been frauded'

'ok, whatever'
^^^^^^^^^^^ :?: :shock:

If I recieved a call from some random guy saying my idenity has been used or stolen, I wouldn't have replied with 'whatever'
I bet this is the guy
Curse my young voice..
Thats what made me think this is the guy

I wonder if on line 3 I had said 'UIDHISDGSD' and recieved the same response in line 4?

Someone else wanna call?

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:24 pm

catman wrote:hmm...
i sent his package to
'919 1/2 south 7th street'
I sent my package to this same exact address and he says he never received anything.
The lady at the Wayne County Post Office also says that this address DOES NOT EXIST!!!
I wonder where the packages are being sent to then?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:31 pm

Well in that case aferg could be right. He is intercepting the packages. We have his number though, supplied by someone here (thanks)
someone call him please.
I did..
um
my voice
yeh

so maybe someone older will call i hope

he claimed he didnt recieve anything..
i KNOW he did..
i dont have proof, but i know he did. also another member messaged me last month about this. will that member-if its ok with you- please step forward and comment on this situatuion

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:02 pm

Catman, that was very courageous of you to call, being only 12 years old and all. Good job.

I'm really starting to think this guy might be a postal employee and if so, he would be sent to prison if caught.

Maybe now the police or post office officials will get interested...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:05 pm

em
yes

Im sending a letter to Attorney General Steve Carter

bear in mind, this guy reads this forum hourly
his reading this right now

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:28 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:41 pm

aferguson wrote:Catman, that was very courageous of you to call, being only 12 years old and all. Good job.

I'm really starting to think this guy might be a postal employee and if so, he would be sent to prison if caught.

Aferg, I was thinking the same thing and bet its not too far off the mark. How else could he be getting the packages. A call to the Post Master in the AO of this jackass might not be that bad of an idea. The victims my not get there money back but could get some satisfaction. I would love to see this guy caught. :evil:
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 pm

yes, thats exactly what i did. and i filed another complaint ic3.gov
Also the US Supreme Court Attorney General will be recieving a letter tomorrow
lsc1002 wrote:
aferguson wrote:Catman, that was very courageous of you to call, being only 12 years old and all. Good job.

Aferg, I was thinking the same thing and bet its not too far off the mark. How else could he be getting the packages. A call to the Post Master in the AO of this jackass might not be that bad of an idea. The victims my not get there money back but could get some satisfaction. I would love to see this guy caught. :evil:
I would MUCH rather have this guy dropping soap in the showers than getting my money back
both would be nice though, at my AO post office they said to call psotal inspectors. if the postal inspectors get any more complaints for this guy, they will file an investigation and sue him.

Steps I am taking/taken:

Phone Call
eMail
Postal Services Contacted
IC3 Contacted
ICCC Contacted
US Postal Inspectors Contacted
Letter Mail sent to Steve Carter

I would like someone higher to call the freak, maybe Aferg,P51 or Teamski
Last edited by catman on Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I sitting here thinking that we should do our best as community to shut this guy down. If not he will keep coming back for more. Any ideas on what actions that could be taken against this dude?
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:48 pm

retard wont leave me alone

guys im doing all i can here, if you wanna get him you guys need to help me out
i know austeyr and another member have been cheated by him
i heard his voice,... hes like 42
anyways if everyone would pitch in here we would nab him..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:49 pm

the way most crooks get caught is they keep doing it and doing it until finally they get caught. They're too dumb or too greedy to quit while they're ahead.

This guy will get nabbed one day. Keep lodging complaints and eventually the authorities will start doing something about him. Once they start investigating i suspect he'll be easy to catch...he'll have left a pretty big trail behind him, i suspect. And there will be no way he can cover it up. Just a matter of time..

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:01 pm

His time could be coming to an end! GREAT posts here!! GREAT ideas!!! I'm gonna pursue the fact that he may work for the post office.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:03 pm

yes yes... but are you gonna DO something bout it?? :wink:

Everyone who has information, psot it here and file a complaint

austeyr and smalljoes.com can really help us out here
he cheated smalljoes, me, austeyr, and another member, plus he didnt follow through will holensock and momaw nadon, and

austeyr has some good evidence, he could really helEveryone who has info post it and send it to
ic3.gov

and other complaint options

we can also pertend we're avengers and bombard him with phone calls :roll: :twisted: 765-939-2972

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:05 pm

Will do, catman!

bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bigsarge » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:11 am

You guys are on the right track.I am a police officer and I was scammed for $1000 on a truck deal through ebay and paypal 2 years ago.I filed all the reports through ebay and paypal to include the online federal fraud report.I even spoke with the local police department which informed me that the guy wasn't the best person to deal with.I ended up talking to that state attorney generals office and basically was told that it would be up to the local district attorney to pursue the case.In the end it ended up me out the $1000 because it was considered a civil case not a criminal case.Meaning that I would have to take him to court and since I lived over 500 miles away the odds were in his favor that I wouldn't waste the time or resources to get the money.The difference in what you guys have and what happened to me is there are more than one to complain.This will raise a red flag with the postal service.Your best bet is to continue to follow up with that local post office.I find it hard to believe that the postmaster wouldn't get suspicious seeing that more than one person has called in reference to an address that supposidly dose not exist or the name of one particular individual or relatives that might be in on the scam.As for me I have over 40 items that I want to trade or sell and after reading this I will not trade or sell to anyone that I haven't seen posting on here with positive results.Another cautionary way to proceed with buying trading and selling.Do not ship until the money is in hand and when you ship make sure you get the delivery confirmation and insure it for the amount.That way you are covered both ways.Also make the first party intrested make the first move.If they are serious then they won't mind.Good luck to you all.
BigSarge
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:25 am

I have been contacted by Bob and in return I have contacted him back. The best way I think was for me to ask him for a contact telephone number and for me to call him and ask about the situation. I think this is the best way for me to sort it out.
Will keep you all updated.

Austeyr.

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:34 am

Working for the post office? Brilliant!! You guys are smart. It does make sense though. I hope that this cat gets what he deserves.

I researched the other address and haven't come up with anything yet.
There are alot of Hughes in Richmond on numbered streets - 16th, 12th, etc.

C2000
Attack!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:56 am

bigsarge, why did you have to go through all that when you were scammed on the truck deal? Paypal has protection up to $1800 or so, does it not? Why didn't they just give you your money back?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:09 am

Researched this a little last night-
Called Richmond, IN Post office today and no one by the name of Bob Hughes works there.
Richmond is on the border of Ohio and in theory he could work at another Post Office in the area. But the addresses given - his residence and the false 919 1/2 South 7th Street (There is a 919 South 7th Street) are both within a few miles of each other and of the Richmond Post office. To make the scam work, he would have to have a route near these addresses. But can you deliver mail in your own neighborhood or your own address?? Any Post men or women out there?? Cliff Clavin where are you when we need you??
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:21 am

his name wouldn't be bob hughes....that's an a name and address he made up.

One theory is that he works in the part of the Indiana post office that deals with packages with an incorrect address or one that doesn't exist. Assuming they all go to a central location it would be easy for him to look for boxes with the 'wrong address' that he gave to people to ship to and then just keep them. How he would get large boxes home, taking them out of the post office, i don't know.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:45 am

He could be a post man with a rout and just selected a house on his rout to have the items mailed to. Each time he delivers he would already have the item in his truck. It would be easy to find the items he’s looking for due to the fact that he has to look at each package anyway. Where did the idea of him being a postal worker come from?