Pleased with Marauder Inc.

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Pleased with Marauder Inc.

Post by parrish333 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:46 pm

Just thought I'd put a little recommendation in. I recently ordered from http://www.marauderinc.com/ and was pretty pleased with the results. They make 1:18 scale weapons for those unaware.

They messed up my order a bit, but promptly responded to my e-mail and sent out the missed items right away. They also included an extra item as a free gift in what they originally sent out. The shipping charges are refreshingly reasonable ($1.45 for anything!!).

The detail on the guns is sharp. Though they all come in plain black (e.g. a wooden stock on a rife would still be black instead of brown). They also don't put trigger guards on any of the guns to appeal to vintage GI Joe purists, but I can live with that for a lot of the items.

I picked up some tommy guns (I think some of these were used by the US in WWII, right? I've also seen pictures of Russian troops with guns closely resembling a tommy, but what do I know?) which I'm quite pleased with. They have a nice little removable ammo drum.

Anyhow, check them out if you haven't already. They also take suggestions for future pieces, so they might be an avenue to pester for a mixed WWII weapon set that we've all wanted.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:05 pm

I once bought a few of their single guns, not sure of what to expect, only to be amazed when I got them :D

I've since ordered a bunch more and love the fact that my troops can now have accurate weapons: SA-85s for the British Royal Marines commandos, AK-47s for the Arab figures, and so on.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Series 3

Post by parrish333 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:06 pm

Marauder Inc. just e-mailed to tell me that some of their series 3 weapons will have trigger guards, which is great news! I think they'll be shown at the upcoming Joe convention.

And yes, the assortment they offer to get those foreign troops equipped is great!

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:17 pm

I think that marauders weapons are amazing.I hope they do and M4 with a sopmod kit.Did they give any hints to what the new series 3 weapons will be parrish or when they will be out?

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 pm

I have had several orders from Marauder inc and i really cant fault their customer service it is just spot on and i have always had replies to emails well within 24hours!!. THe weapons are excelent and the only source for certain types of weapons and really cant wait to see wave 3. On the Joe boards he has said that he is planning accs too like grenades, claymores, helmets etc if this does come true well that will just be brilliant. parrish333 i would also love to here if he has given any hints as to what will be in wave 3!

digger

tommy

Post by digger » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 pm

I picked up some tommy guns (I think some of these were used by the US in WWII, right?

This is the old 1928 Tommy gun that did not see nearly as much use as the later model but I'm sure some were kicking around. The removable drum is very cool. If you compare that gun to your 21c/bbi versions you should see some subtle differences in structure (esp. on the barrel). And if they were painted there would likely be some noticeable differences as well. I know once we started to bang out the later model they got rid of the badass blue steel. :(

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Marauder Info

Post by parrish333 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:42 am

Sorry fellas, he didn't get too specific on the details for series 3. Here's the pertinent content of his e-mail to me:

"Going forward, ALL pistols will have trigger guards and the decision of trigger guards on rifles will be made on a case by case basis. Will unveil Series 3 at the upcoming GI Joe convention, and I think the item selection and especially some of the "working" features will make the 1:18th scale enthusiasts very happy!"

Based on their past products, this can only be good news but I guess we're still left to "wait and see" what exactly it will entail. And that is awesome news to hear they're interested in doing various other accessories as well!

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:45 am

i seriously hope we get some FA MAS, VZ-58 or H&K-G3