A Story About A Member (Pizzaguy)!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

A Story About A Member (Pizzaguy)!

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Greetings:

I know we have a section for the Good Trader reports on this board. However, this goes a little beyond a good trader report and I feel sometimes they get lost in the shuffle. I hope no one minds I am putting this in a separate topic and Aferg can move it if needed.

I wanted to share the wonderful experience I have had with Pizzaguy (Nathan). I inquired to him about buying two display stands to put my 1/18 Dauntless models on. Being such a Dauntless fan I was concerned about the weight of the model and the stands holding up. Nathan took the time to answer all my questions honestly and was very patient with me. I ended up also buying a stand to display my Blue Angels F-18 on from him. I was very pleased with the quality of the stands, the way they were packed and how nice my models look on them. Nathan also priced everything fairly and his attention to detail is evident in the workmanship of the stands.

I was so impressed I ordered more stands. In the process of our conversations, Nathan and I got to talking and found out we both attend airshows and enjoy those events. Nathan was telling me about his adventure in designing and selling the stands and his upcoming TA-183 project. I realize he has a tremendous passion for aviation and for our hobby.

I've had some bad dealings in 1/18 that shook my faith in the hobby and the board for awhile. Everyone remembers the Skyworks fiasco and I will just leave it at that. This recent dealing with Nathan was such a positive and wonderful experience I had to say something about it. We have some great members here and a great community. I not only feel I made a business partner in Nathan for accessories for my models but also made a new friend in the process.

Thank you for allowing me to share this.

Regards,

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: A Story About A Member (Pizzaguy)!

Post by A-10LOADER » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:40 am

Well said Corey. Nathan is a good guy to deal with. I got my GE F 110 nozzles from him for my 1/18th Tomcat conversion. I may get 2 stands from him as well.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 am

nat is uber cool i have many of his stands and 4 full sets of open and closed nozzels for the f-14 and fa-18 . he also cast the full bomb cat parts from scratch for my knights cat . nat is allways fair and willing to help anyone.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:11 pm

I agree with everything said about Nathan. I have purchased a few things from him and he has always been good about answering any questions I had. I like dealing with both Nate and Matt (pickelhaube).

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 am

For those of you who own these stands, what is the finished dimension from the table top to the top of the F-14's tails ? I may consider using this stand instead of my former idea and if that's the case I need to know how tall to make my plexiglass cover for the Cat.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Everyone, Thank you for the kind words. I try to help when I can.

A-10, I can make the stand height what you need.

In my conversations with Corey, I mentioned the last of my laser cut stands are listed on ebay. Once they are gone I will be manually cutting them. I can't afford to have $1000 in stands sitting on a shelf for a couple years. Sales have slowed down a bunch on the F18 and F16. The F14 is hit and miss. Maybe if the Harrier comes out I can do something for that.

I am focusing allot of my time on the 183 and doing small projects to build up funds to support the 183 project.

Thank you again. It's very appreciated.

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks Nathan, I appreciate it. I'll be in touch.

Steve

snake

Post by snake » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:35 pm

I can also vouch for Nathan.

I have purchased about 6 of his stands, the first one going back when he first started making them available. I am impressed with the quality of them, and the price is more than fair.

He is one of those members here that have done a lot for the 1/18 hobby, and his stands really give you the only real option to display these large models in flight. 8)