What is up with the new e-bay buyers ?

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

What is up with the new e-bay buyers ?

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:21 am

Recently I had a bunch of planes for sale on e-bay. One newbie guy bid on 4 planes driving the prices up.

This is kind of cool because it drove the prices up. Then about 5 minets before they cook off he sends me a message that he wants something else and can not/ will not pay for the items :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So i had to relist them. What a pain.

Then another newbie got one of my ambulance covers. Then he gets it and gives me a NEGATIVE feedback.

He said that he thought the auction included the Hanomag in the picture were in my description that IT WAS NOT .

Now I have a negative.

With the humbug with that wanna be lawyer guy that I had. E-bay is getting to be a big pain in the azz.

It truly sucks not being able to give a negative FB to buyers.

I long for the days of old. :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jnewboy

Re: What is up with the new e-bay buyers ?

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:55 am

pickelhaube wrote:Recently I had a bunch of planes for sale on e-bay. One newbie guy bid on 4 planes driving the prices up.

This is kind of cool because it drove the prices up. Then about 5 minets before they cook off he sends me a message that he wants something else and can not/ will not pay for the items :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So i had to relist them. What a pain.

Then another newbie got one of my ambulance covers. Then he gets it and gives me a NEGATIVE feedback.

He said that he thought the auction included the Hanomag in the picture were in my description that IT WAS NOT .

Now I have a negative.

With the humbug with that wanna be lawyer guy that I had. E-bay is getting to be a big pain in the azz.

It truly sucks not being able to give a negative FB to buyers.

I long for the days of old. :?
Yep!! I try to only sell to my good customers now and on Etsy. eBay has become a last resort crap shoot from hell :?

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:03 am

I had that problem with a few buyers that after winning ,they change there mind.
You have two options.
1. If he does not pay and not contact you,you can open a case for non payed item,and after 5 days that the case is open,you closed the case,the system will ask you if the buyer paid,you will click on the "did not paid option" and ebay will not charge you any fees involved with this transaction and even more.It will stay on the buyers record that he did not pay.
2.If he did not pay but contact you to give you a good reason.You can send him a cancellation agreement.After he accepts the agreement.ebay will not charge you any fees involved with this transaction.The buyers record stay intact in this case.

When i used option #1, there is a 50% chance the buyer will pay within the 5 days time period.

You can closed the case no early than 5 days and no later than 30 days.
If you close it too early or too late,ebay will charge you the selling fee!

As far the free hanomag,you will have to contact ebay for clearing your feedback.
That should not be hard because you stated that the hanomag is not included.
That happen because some people are stupid and the pull the trigger before even reading the description.
Don't give up on selling on ebay.It is a good tool to get possible buyers for your other stuff. :)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

I haven't had too many of the said problems myself on ebay, though its always in the back of my mind and one of the reasons why I don't sell too often on there... My latest two sales did go perfectly, however, and both were very happy, as was I :wink:

Still, in some of my past activity, one of the biggest problems I've had is people ignoring the rules I stated on my description. I always state very clearly that I will not ship internationally - yet twice in the past, I've had people either win an auction or BIN that were from overseas :? My worry with those buyers is that I guestimate my shipping charges for within the US - not overseas - and that they will complain when I have to raise the shipping. Thankfully, in both cases that didn't happen, though the idiot in Canada that bought a 1:6 RC Stuart from me likely wasn't happy with the huge shipping charge as I don't think he ever left feedback...

I think a lot of problems could be avoided if buyers simply read an item description and contact the seller with questions. (Its not that hard to do!) In the same manner, sellers must accurately describe their item as well.

I've had other issues that always cause me to be a bit skiddish with ebay: on my very first sale, the buyer didn't realize that his package was delivered on time and was at the post office waiting for him to get it. In another instance, UPS lost the package and once I determined the buyer was not lying and was an honest and decent collector, we were able to work things out get a refund for the entire cost from UPS.

Why don't I ever have problems like that here on the board?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."