Need a broken/scrap 1/32 BBI f4f-4 Wildcat for parts

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Rick Barrett
Private First Class
Private First Class

Need a broken/scrap 1/32 BBI f4f-4 Wildcat for parts

Post by Rick Barrett » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Just got a new 1/32 white 77 Wildcat that was missing the left rear tail elevator and I'm looking for a scrap model for parts. Will pay or trade some of my 1:18 as these are getting hard to come by. Feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks
Admins- I was a member of the old forum but just registered on here, don't know if that makes a difference

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Need a broken/scrap 1/32 BBI f4f-4 Wildcat for parts

Post by MG-42 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:38 pm

............. yeah , but ya' gotta' read da' rules first. We have ta' keep remindin dees knuckleheads.

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Rick Barrett
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rick Barrett » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I read them, and realize the reasons for time frames and building close knit collector families. just looking for help and I"m not a hardcore collector so I may not be around here in 6 months. I used to be heavily into 1/16th and was a member way back before it was Groundpounders xd forum (can't remember what it was called before then). Not many other forums out there to seek help on.
Any other suggestions then to seek help without breaking forum rules?

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 am

Rick Barrett wrote:I"m not a hardcore collector so I may not be around here in 6 months.
I think that’s the main point of the trade rules here. Most of us only want to trade or deal with established members that have been here a while and plan to stay. Lots of drifters come and go. It’s so easy now to rip people off and this forum had been nailed before. When you think about it though doing the 6 months really isn’t that big of a deal. This forum has a lot to offer and it would take you that long to get up to speed anyway. If you feel you have a good reason to be allowed to post in this section sooner contact the site admins before posting an advertisement. It’s always best to ask first especially in light of the rules. I was a member on all of the previous boards as well. Have you always had the same screen name? Good luck.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Rick

If I had the part I would gladly help you and if I had the part you could HAVE IT. I know what it is like to be without a part you need and have it be frustrating, trust me I know from my own experience.

Unfortunately I do not own the part you need nor do I own the plane. Just wanted to show you someone would have been willing to help you here if they had the part.

Strange idea, but any chance you could find a 1/32 Wildcat kit and use the part from the kit to get your airplane back in order. It might not match perfectly but you could at least do that until you could find the replacement you needed.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Rick Barrett
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rick Barrett » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 am

Well thanks a ton Corey, nice to see the willingness to help at least. I'm actually looking into the kit bashing idea right now.
I actually found another "new" Wildcat and purchased it only to find out that they actually use the same elevator only flip it upside down and mold a female recess into it so that the right side with male tab slides all the way through the rudder and into the female left side. Oddly enough, its a VERY weak design and the thin plastic on the female portion bulges and comes close to cracking.
This made me decide to use one Wildcat for my "perfect" customized super detailed static model and I'll try to fix the other one up with elevators from a model or something for use in a diorama.

I also found the best way to use the stock elevators (horiz. stabs) is to take the two male right side ones, cut the tabs way back so they insert into the rudder and meet in the center. This gives the best line up and strength once finally repainted and JB welded in place. At that point they might as well have been molded in place.

I'll keep hanging out around here either way, as there are not many 1/32 forums out there and its my main venue now. In about 6 months I may try to unload a bunch of the 1/18 stuff I still have hanging around.