Etiquette

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by kevrut » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:33 pm

I've gone trades with 28 members here over the last few years. I haven't had a bad deal so far. I can see why some think we should post about the members that try to rip you off, but not nag about every little thing. :wink: :P

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:33 am

I need to chime in on this.

A major part of my income comes from this board. I have a bunch of loyal buyers who get my products.

To this i thank you all. I think that I may have had a deal or transaction from almost every member who buy off of this forum.

Hopefully all have liked my products because I have yet to have a complaint.

The only negative thing that I know that I have done is not checked the good buyers post. That is something that I do not check on. So if i have gotten some positive feed back from you guys and not returned it I am sorry.

From now on I will do my best to check on it to look out for my feed back.

Again thank you all for the loyal support.

Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:04 am

There are veteran board members here like Mathew that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from. That being said most, if not all of the issues I have had never ended in a transaction taking place. Mostly just rude behavior. Yes it is rude to not return a PM that says… Let me know or how’s that sound to you, located in it. A while back I was selling some star wars items on here. After some communications with some interested individuals I marked some things as sold. I then had to change their status back to available. Then I got more people that wanted shipping quotes and refused to respond afterwards. I Mean refused! I even sent follow ups asking them to reply! This kind of conduct is not illegal and will not get you banned but it is rude and will earn you a place on my no trade list. (Better hope I don’t have that one thing you must get sometime in the future!) I think the biggest hurtle I have come across are tire kickers that have no money to finish or follow through with a transaction. They just disappear and ignore you.

As for deals that go good… I agree with the member that said you can’t have enough communication. I tell buyers when the money has been received and when I think I will be able to get the item out. I then update them if that changes or when the item has hit the road and is on its way. After that I expect a follow up from them when it’s received. I don’t think that’s asking a lot at all. Just some basic respect between 2 people making a transaction.

There is the extreme on the other side of this where a buyer will PM you everyday asking if the item has shipped even when you have told them it won’t go out till Saturday. That stuff is kind of scary. :shock:

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Could part of the problem be PMs?

1. Maybe some PMs don't arrive---I've sent a few PMs such as asking about shipping costs, etc.and got no reply. Also, I've sent PMs to people who are trying to locate a model from an online dealer and tell them the model is available at Smalljoes, Badcat, etc---and I never got replies.

2. I've received a number of email alerts saying I have a new PM, but there's no new PM in my mailbox.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:45 am

1. Maybe some PMs don't arrive---I've sent a few PMs such as asking about shipping costs, etc.and got no reply. Also, I've sent PMs to people who are trying to locate a model from an online dealer and tell them the model is available at Smalljoes, Badcat, etc---and I never got replies.

I would say the vast majority of these “no replies” are just rude people that don’t feel they should take the time to say thanks. Sure, there are the ones that check it at work and mean to reply later from home and forget. Also those who may have full inboxes that never get their messages because they forget to delete. (It’s that way on other boards but I’m not sure if that’s true here) Unfortunately, it’s been my experiences that because of the this form of faceless communication people think they can be this way with no consequences.

2. I've received a number of email alerts saying I have a new PM, but there's no new PM in my mailbox.

This will happen when someone sends you a PM then decided to delete it for whatever reason. You will receive an email message but your inbox will not have one in it.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

TOYKTDLGH:

Thanks for explaining that.
I had a transaction a few months ago that didn't involve money with the other person not replying to my PM. Another member told me he's had some problems involving the same guy but money was involved. He added that he suspected the buyer was posting under two different names.
However, about a year ago there was a thread from other members about PM technical problems.
Either way, I guess it's best to heed, "buyer beware".