BCA taking collections on consigment

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

BCA taking collections on consigment

Post by mikeg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 pm

"times are hard" as they say- for those collectors in dire straights- come on down!!!!! Boxes are a necessity. Check out their inhouse blog for info

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I saw that this morning...I wonder how much of the sale price they let you keep?
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Yeah - that is what I was thinking 50/50...at best. I sold a gun on consignment last year, the guy only charged 15% :)
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm

"we'll split the excellent proceeds based on the retail selling price we achieve" sounds mighty exellent to me- I'll remember that when slow times morph into really desperate times. The way their private reserve stuff seems to be rotating rather well, I imagine our displayed stuff reboxed could at least hold a candle to a average price of 39-59.00 we paid-

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:21 pm

The sale prices we garner are normally going to be much higher than the average person who clicks a pic and posts to ebay or in this section.

A couple of possibly overlooked facts:

1) When I sell something on eBay my products average about 100 hits per week. But on the powerful BCAT site, the same item may receive many times that number of hits in a week. And an individual product may get that exposure for many weeks until it sells, not just one. This higher amount of exposure will normally produce higher prices.

2) There is a distinct possiblity that the professional marketing ability of the 'Cat staff combined with our heavily viewed website, can overcome the 50/50 split and yield higher proceeds than an inexperienced seller trying to sell their stuff by themselves.

3) The 'Cat does all the tedious work--pics, text, posting, packing, shipping, bookkeeping, inventory control, customer service, etc.

An example:

We split the sale proceeds, outbound shipping charges, cc or Paypal fees 50/50. On a $200 S1 Corsair (yes, we CAN sell a Kepford for that), the consigner could expect a check for about $90 give or take a few dollars when its all said and done. Ninety bucks is probably better than the average Joe could NET trying to sell the F4U on their own after Ebay, Paypal, and UPS are done with him--without all the headaches, questions, uploads, phone calls, feedback extortion, etc., associated with an auction sale. In this example, the collector merely ships the item to us and we take over from there.

Rob
Last edited by BadCatMatt on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks for the details on the consignment sales Matt.

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am

caesarbc wrote:One question though, in calculating the amount that BCA and the seller splits, do you add up all costs (cost of shipping product to BCA included) and deduct these from the final price? I'm just curious as to how you handle the cost of getting the product to BCA.
Good question. BCat will chip-in $2-5 per item for inbound transportation depending on the size of the piece and the distance it was shipped. This will be included in the final settlement once we sell the item.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 pm

wish a site would consign my custom repaints and and ww2 art and get me some big bucks
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 pm

We've just received our first, large consignment from a member of this board! The process of posting this valuable collection has just begun!! Stay-tuned to our Private Reserve Section over the coming weeks as we chip away at putting everything in this massive consignment for sale.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Matt - Do BCA set the price or does the consignor? Depending on how some of your items sell, you may be getting a few F-18's including another Jolly Rogers and a Blue Angels, as well as some 21st AH-1W's I'll be clearing out and evilbay doesn't appeal to me anymore. If you've got requests for any of those, lmk as I've helped out a few years ago getting some 1st Issue Tigers to you guys for a customer.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:23 pm

I know you don't sell art, but I could pop out these on request at varying sizes and styles. You wouldn't even have to hold the art. I also do the customs that would be nice to find an outlet for, ( as I am sure other on this boars would instead of ebay....may a customs section? I will pop some thumbnail so as not to clog this subject and I apologize, I am not trying to hijack the thread, you offer of consignment has me most interested
And as far a the art goes I do NOT only paint German subjects, but my fear of being banned by eBay scared me when posting those on the site just over the imagery alone
I am posting another thread with thumbs of my portfolio so far (or what I have photos of anyway) to avoid clogging this thread, I had a HD crash and lost some images. All of these were done in the past year. I self taught and started doing dioramas and re-paints in early 2008.
here is alink to another thread i started to put my portfolio one with destroying this one with downloads
viewtopic.php?p=169743#169743

The artwork of course has been done over the past 17 years and the is actually a total of over 800 of them (not all ww2 I work for local music venues painting touring bands and other performers/lecturers)
here is my almost complete flikr photo collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabebooth/collections/

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Did you ever try this Mil-Art Gallery/Store, Cabe? Maybe they will work with you on your paintings.

http://www.militaryartgallery.com/
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:29 am

yeah a while back. Most of those galleries don't know what to do with my unorthodox painting surfaces, they make their money framing the prints the sell, you can't frame my broken wood works