Dropping the Scale: 1/18 For Sale, Authentic Models

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:22 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:This is just strange.
Not really this is the same guy made up the story of his girlfriend getting hit by a car

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

* CoreyEagle's Stuff ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:52 pm

* Yeah , well ....... Careful guys , this could easily get outa' hand , real fast.

......... even to the point of this thread getting locked down. :wink:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:46 pm

psssssst...hey coreyeagle, unless ya wanna lose that pretty novel of trade references at the bottom of your posts, speak up man- I dont have a dog in your hunt- but it hurts to read this, kinda like watching a refusal for a wedding proposal at a sporting event- ya know what I mean?

of course, he might be out of town and his girlfriend is deleting any PMs related to his xd stuff, I know my wife would..oh, and my XD stuff has yet to turn me into a person I dont want to be..

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Everyone be patient and let the guy get back to you...
There could be a thousand and 1 reasons he is not getting back to you.
-Technical glitch in the pms
-computer down
-your offer stinks
-waiting on the publisher clearing house van to leave his house... :D
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:28 pm

see, all is milk and cookies, once again.

MG-42

* CoreyEagle's Stuff in "BST" ? ? ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 pm

* Yeah , right , guys. ... Maybe he's just going through the process of elimination.

* Picking & choosing members he's deciding on transacting w/ . :o

v MG

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Well, assuming anyone will pay attention to my post, I have spoken with Corey personally regarding this thread. I am hoping to offer my view on this incident as a reputable long-time member of this forum and one who has a perfect trade/transaction record with many other reputable members.

For a bit of background, since 2004, Corey and I have developed a friendship outside of this forum. While I have not met him in person (he lives on the opposite side of the country from me) we have conversed numerous times both online and via telephone. A similar interest in aviation history and the fact that we are both teachers has helped solidify the long-distance friendship. Corey is a good and honorable man, who works very hard trying to make a difference as a dedicated elementary school teacher.

Anyways, in an e-mail Corey sent me today, he informed me that he has had a change of heart and has decided not to sell his 1:18 scale aircraft collection. I have advised him to make a post about this and if possible to return the PMs as it would be in good form and polite according to our spoken and unspoken rules of conduct. Hopefully he will do so...

I have decided to stand up for him nevertheless.

In regards to some of the claims made by a handful of board members in this thread regarding Corey's credibility:

THEY ARE FALSE!

I personally have had numerous trades and transactions with Corey since 2004, even during his previous troubles, and all have gone smoothly. I could not ask for better. Other reputable board members have done so as well.

To falsely accuse someone if shoddy practices when NOTHING has been exchanged other than a PM is just not right. Sure it is bad form, but as nothing has been lost or taken on either side, there really is not justification. Those of you making those accusations should be more careful in the future and should be ashamed.

To address a couple other comments about Corey's past history (for any new members reading this), his story involving the girlfriend from a couple years ago was indeed true and not a made-up excuse to get more toys or to make more money, as a few members have claimed. To continue to spread that lie is also not right and the behavior should cease.

In particular, MG-42, you would not like it if I went around noting how you are a 40+ year old adult that constantly whines about toys, has a crappy job, and who writes posts that look and sound like they come from a mentally challenged individual. Believe me, I've wanted to so practically since the day you first came on here.

I am very sorry to write the above. It hurts and is not a cool thing to do, either for myself or towards you, Mitch. Much of what I said in the paragraph above is NOT true and is false. HOWEVER, spreading fallicious information is exactly what you are doing to Coreyeagle48! Cut it out! You are not making yourself out to be a saint and are in fact weakening your own reputation by waving fingers at others when there is no serious recourse to do so.

Corey and I have often talked about the degraded state of this forum, a shape that it has come to assume over the past few years. This thread and the comments made on it are only the latest example of the myriad of trash not related to collecting military toys, not related to military history, that has come to characterize this forum.

Corey is giving up posting here because of the state to which this community has fallen, and I agree with him. I have actually thought about doing so myself. Really, it is too bad as Corey had a lot to offer in the form of experience, knowledge, and a senisble attitude. Too bad for you all.

My apologies for the long and scathing rant, but really enough is enough. I'm sorry some of you will not profit from Coreyeagle48's proposed sale, but none of you have lost anything either. Thus, this whole thing is just a moot point. Stop wrecking the reputation of a good board member just to make yoursleves look good. Just leave well enough alone.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MG-42

* CoreyEagle's Stuff in "BST" ? ? ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:25 pm

* LoL ! ! ! * "tman" ....

.......... You hurt my left feeling !

........ I figured he changed his mind , I could have said that myself , in fact I did , but the fact of the matter remains , Corey did'nt have the courtesy to let anybody know his intentions , nobody but you though ,.. no matter how many times you stick up for a fragile individual.

Mitch v MG

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:35 pm

jeeesuuuuskaaaaaaaayriiiiiist, what kind of zoloft induced love fest has this turned into? sensitivity training for all- lets invite oprah, too, while were at it- maybe dr phil can join in too!!! I'm drowning in this psuedo-intellectual cesspool of bleedin humanity laid bare..good lord, I wanna go runnin down the street in my wife's panties watchin the view on the blackberry-

congrats, corey, on keepin your xd, grow a set and tell the rest of us to go to purgatory and leave your material self alone. Hey, tman, why do I have this uncomfortable feeling that both you and corey leave me with; that of yall's overall perfection and complacent smuggness. damnation, I wish I could be in touch with my inner mikeg like yall, then the three of us could all hold hands and cross that big xd finish line together!!

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: * CoreyEagle's Stuff in "BST" ? ? ?

Post by thehun » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 pm

MG-42 wrote:* Yeah , right , guys. ... Maybe he's just going through the process of elimination.

* Picking & choosing members he's deciding on transacting w/ . :o

v MG
Nothing unusual about that, Seems to be a common practice in the buy, sell, trade, area. When I first came to this form this was the first thing I was warned about........
Hun

MG-42

* CoreyEagle's Stuff ? ? ?

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:10 pm

* Never said it was. It just don't make sense if especially , you want to move stuff , as long as you've been a member for the past 6-months or more and are legal to trade.

v MG

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Dang guys it was just an "OFFER" to sell something. No need to get upset. True he could have just said he changed his mind. I hate when things degrade like this and I hope Corey doesn't leave here If you read this, I hold no ill will towards you about the offer to sell and I am glad you decided to keep them. :D How about a group hug guys? :shock:
Could not think of anything to put here.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:20 pm

kimtheredxd wrote: How about a group hug guys? :shock:
:shock: ........ LoL ! ! ! HAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! * :lol:

............ cough , cough ! !

->>>------> I hope we can all just get along and move on from this now. :wink:

v MG

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:38 pm

I need to put my 2 cents in this. Before this gets locked down.

I do not want to pick sides but I quote :

Corey and I have talked about the dergraded state of this forum.

That is not nice. I look forward to this forum. Yeah there are a few guys who may have a few wires loose. But to blanket the whole forum like that ? Come on.
That statement insults ALL of us.
An apology may be instore.
I like everybody on this forum and this forum should be fun. Let us keep it that way. I am a ALMOST 50 year old with a wife , a son and a cat. I play with toys all day long . I even pay some of my bills with the proceeds. Talk about a few wires loose. :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:53 pm

* In particular ,.. even though I seem to be the one @ the point of attack here , for some reason. ... Oh well , I'm no Saint , never claimed to be.

Mitch v MG

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm just sitting here, eating OREO's and enjoying the forum....... :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:30 pm

I am eating oreo thin crisps *SIGH* just not the same :( But hey only 100 calories!
Could not think of anything to put here.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:45 am

Can't wait for Girl Scout Cookies season. Thin mints...food of the Gods, I tell you...

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:12 am

* Well , it's good to know it's cookies & creme in Candy Land , again.

v MG

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:13 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm....girlscouts......

VMF115

Re: * CoreyEagle's Stuff ? ? ?

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:29 pm

MG-42 wrote:* In particular ,.. even though I seem to be the one @ the point of attack here , for some reason. ... Oh well , I'm no Saint , never claimed to be.

Mitch v MG

that's OK Mitch I still think your OK,,as with every one here 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:59 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Well, assuming anyone will pay attention to my post, I have spoken with Corey personally regarding this thread. I am hoping to offer my view on this incident as a reputable long-time member of this forum and one who has a perfect trade/transaction record with many other reputable members.
Well tman I'm glad he emailed you about it. As it seems he didn't have the common courtesy to at least acknowledge the people that responded to his post.

The very least he could have done was say in his thread that he changed his mind, but no he has to email you so you can stand up for him. What's up with that? I thought he was a grown man, yet he doesn't have the cajones to speak for himself. I'm real glad people like him are teaching our children. No wonder our country is in the shape that it is.
I fly cartoon airplanes

pickelhaube

Re: * CoreyEagle's Stuff ? ? ?

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:00 pm

VMF115 wrote:
MG-42 wrote:* In particular ,.. even though I seem to be the one @ the point of attack here , for some reason. ... Oh well , I'm no Saint , never claimed to be.

Mitch v MG

that's OK Mitch I still think your OK,,as with every one here 8)
Here Here !!!!!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Killerf6 wrote:
tmanthegreat wrote:Well, assuming anyone will pay attention to my post, I have spoken with Corey personally regarding this thread. I am hoping to offer my view on this incident as a reputable long-time member of this forum and one who has a perfect trade/transaction record with many other reputable members.
Well tman I'm glad he emailed you about it. As it seems he didn't have the common courtesy to at least acknowledge the people that responded to his post.

The very least he could have done was say in his thread that he changed his mind, but no he has to email you so you can stand up for him. What's up with that? I thought he was a grown man, yet he doesn't have the cajones to speak for himself. I'm real glad people like him are teaching our children. No wonder our country is in the shape that it is.
It’s just plain rude if you ask me. Many people took the time to respond to him and he apparently could care less. Fine by me but still rude. Mitch wasn’t saying anything that others weren’t thinking anyway. When someone continues to post else ware and deletes PM's ignoring messages it tends to get people a little irritated.

bigsarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/18 planes

Post by bigsarge » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

would like the nkk spitfire shark mouth hell cat and zero.what kind of deal would you work for me on all 3?
positive trade and sale references:
DerVogelfänger,USCGSARdog,KAMIKAZE,parrish333,KWR190,Hworth18,caesarbc,Black Lion VF-213